CBA | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

CBA

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Has anyone heard anything about the new Collective bargaining Agreement in the media?

I know it is due to expire this year but haven't seen any update on negotiations and can't find a figure for the salary cap next year.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I thought this was a Commonwealth Bank of Australia thread. :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I don't know about the AFL but bargaining agreements are often resolved well after, try a couple of years in a lot of cases, the previous agreement ends.

We'll see, the AFL is more prominent and will get attention, but there's nothing stopping the old agreement expiring well before a new agreement is in place.

DS

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I don't know about the AFL but bargaining agreements are often resolved well after, try a couple of years in a lot of cases, the previous agreement ends.

We'll see, the AFL is more prominent and will get attention, but there's nothing stopping the old agreement expiring well before a new agreement is in place.

DS
Correct, all workplace Agreements have a nominal expiry date but remain in effect until replaced by another

Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Has anyone heard anything about the new Collective bargaining Agreement in the media?

I know it is due to expire this year but haven't seen any update on negotiations and can't find a figure for the salary cap next year.
I've been looking and waiting around for it since the CBA got announced around 6 September. Gill's apparently working on it with Marsh and Dangerfield. Probably the last thing he gets resolved,ahhhh, he still has Tassie too :D

But my understanding was the last deal 2017-2022 was for around $300M a season, the new deal is $436M a season, so the salary cap should go up a bit you'd guess, meaning we should comfortably fit Hopper and Taranto in the new salary cap ;) whenever that may be?

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Or for us real oldies The Commercial Bank of Australia.
Yup. The Commonwealth Bank (Commonwealth Trading Bank of Australia was the CTBA in those days. CBA for Commercial Bank of Australasia prior to merger with the Bank of New South Wales to become Westpac. I remember. Nearly worked at both CBA and CTBA. Instead….went to the SBV (State Bank of Victoria) and then the “NEW” CBA too when they took the SBV over and I ended up working for them anyway for near a decade.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Yup. The Commonwealth Bank (Commonwealth Trading Bank of Australia was the CTBA in those days. CBA for Commercial Bank of Australasia prior to merger with the Bank of New South Wales to become Westpac. I remember. Nearly worked at both CBA and CTBA. Instead….went to the SBV (State Bank of Victoria) and then the “NEW” CBA too when they took the SBV over and I ended up working for them anyway for near a decade.
And the ES&A Bank was also a decent sized Bank which was around for more than 100 years. It stood the English,Scottish and Australia Bank and it merged with ANZ in 1970 .
ANZ reused the name as ESANDA Finance for probably 50 years but I believe it has been acquired by Macquarie now.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Wasn't there two? Comm Trading Bank and Comm Service Bank. As a kid, I barely remember 2 names of the same bank.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I worked for the ANZ as a young fella. My first job. Great social club. Worked with some hot chicks. Good times.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Handled millions of dollars of cash every day. How else do you reckon I got all these luxury boats and stuff ?
I've always hesitated getting bank teller jobs years ago. Too many weirdos at the counter.