Centre clearances | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Centre clearances

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Why do we lose the centre clearances so often?
Is it due to ruck taps or is it that our midfielders are just not up to it?
We do better when Dion is there i know, but nevertheless we don't seem to stream out of the centre like say Melb. do.
Admittedley, Petracca and Oliver are class acts.
Looks like come draft time, we go for strong mids.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
I believe that our system in there is quite often off. It seems like the energy doesn't connect and it's a huge concern with the 6 6 6 rule. Our midfield coach needs to really earn his pay and get it happening. We can't stop a run on out of there

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
In the first game of the year, I think we lost some crazy amount of clearances in general and a string of centre clearances in the last quarter.

However, I think centre clearances over the course of the year we’ve been ok. It’s the general clearances around the rest of the ground that we get beat up on.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Didn’t this occur in 2020, then we just flipped it during the finals? It seems an odd coincidence to me

Reactions: 2 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
I believe that our system in there is quite often off. It seems like the energy doesn't connect and it's a huge concern with the 6 6 6 rule. Our midfield coach needs to really earn his pay and get it happening. We can't stop a run on out of there
some times I seem to think we are beaten for pace other times we seem to be beaten for strength

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I think we can half be excused for yesterday. No Cotchin, Prestia and Dusty for a half. While they had NicNat back.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
I think we can half be excused for yesterday. No Cotchin, Prestia and Dusty for a half. While they had NicNat back.
NicNat is 32yo looked overweight didn’t stop him destroying us in the centre with great taps to his mids
We need to do better than that or top teams will kill us

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
I was pretty surprised NicNat didn’t blow up given how big he looked...even at 60-70% he’s an amazing player. That was pretty much their premiership midfield plus Kelly ...and even though they may not have played together much this year they’re a pretty strong midfield unit. We had our B team in the middle and really struggled. So we need to cut Ross and our young guys a bit of slack here...I haven’t been too confident about Ross so far, and agree he is a bit vanilla, but he’s only 21 and has shown in patches that he can be very good as an inside mid - he needs a bit more time before writing him off.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
If anyone had told me at the start of the year, we'd be going into July with Prestia, Lambert, Cotchin and Martin injured, I'd have assumed we'd be bottom of the ladder.

Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
We need more experienced clearance beasts.
Cotch, Prestia, Lambo, Dusty getting older and/or injured.
Ross, Shai, JG then bugger all.
Backups in the ressies not showing much or need time.
Blair needs to go shopping.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We need more experienced clearance beasts.
Cotch, Prestia, Lambo, Dusty getting older and/or injured.
Ross, Shai, JG then bugger all.
Backups in the ressies not showing much or need time.
Blair needs to go shopping.
He had a wallet full last year and he needs to use every pick ours norths everyone and get players in.
Because between him and Clark they're good at picking them in the ND

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
The eagles midfield was pretty much at full strength, ours was missing our 3 best.
We can do better but what it did was allow our defence to start to rebound like recent times past.
Throw a Balta in the backline and the eagles would have struggled to get equal shots on goal.
A problem for the end of the year only for mine.
Our game is going well with our injuries.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
NicNat is 32yo looked overweight didn’t stop him destroying us in the centre with great taps to his mids
We need to do better than that or top teams will kill us
I said roughly the same thing early on in the gameday post. Nik Nat is a mobile beast and being a bit porkie didn't stop his influence or making our rucks look second hand. Same thing happens when we face up Gawn. We have honest triers who are not the best in the ruck business but make up for it at ground level and around the ground. Mind you if our mids actually went to the tap down things could be better