Changes against the Swannies. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes against the Swannies.

Lots of possibilities.
Am very much looking forward to seeing how some go with added responsibilities with some experienced players missing.
Going to be a big test.
We found some players last yr through this kind of thing so it's exciting to see who else we can find

Reactions: 3 users
Agree with Spooker, the mids will look something like this:

Martin
Higlet
Graham
Pickett
Bolton

Dusty more mid minutes than he’s had in years.

Caddy/Chol pushing forward.

Grub on Papley or Heeney, Sydney won’t score.
Lambert and Aarts will get midfield time also.

Reactions: 1 users
While Naish has talent I just don't think he can play the Richmond way. Will be very surprised if he gets a lot more minutes while Dimma is in charge.

I just think Short is in the role Naish would ideally play if he were in the side.

Probably right but I worry that Naish just needs a run of games this year just to see if there is a future for him

Reactions: 1 user
We found some players last yr through this kind of thing so it's exciting to see who else we can find

Yes, agree. This time last year I was super excited about Stack and Ross after some impressive first up games. Amazingly, they are currently (and temporarily) not in our best 28! Bit disappointed CCJ and RCD didnt come in but really looking forward to see DES get a few games straight hopefully.

Forecast is for rain to hit around the start of our game. Could be a late change. Soldo out, Chol and Balta to share ruck duties and RCD in

Forecast is for rain to hit around the start of our game. Could be a late change. Soldo out, Chol and Balta to share ruck duties and RCD in

It looks pretty good today.
The gabba surface would have to be close to the best in the country.
Not sure what the NSW curators are doing both the SCG & Spotless look like pig pens.

Think I’d prefer Balta to stay where he is and try and play as well as he did last week and consolidate his spot in the backline
CCJ could well come in for Lynch and then he could play forward and help in the ruck

Think I’d prefer Balta to stay where he is and try and play as well as he did last week and consolidate his spot in the backline
CCJ could well come in for Lynch and then he could play forward and help in the ruck

Yeah I can't see Balta moving from the backline this week.

Disappointing they didn't consider Ross for a midfield spot with all of Cotchin Prestia and Edwards not playing.

Balta is the next KPD they wont be playing with him from here I dont think.

His education since last year has been all about playing in defence, and with Dave out its the perfect match for him to dominate a short Swans forward half.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Looking at the ladder, this is a very important game for us to win.

Without going into all the ins and outs of the ladder, have a look yourselves and see what I mean.

Lee always delivers, but if you can't wait you can find them here as well:

Had a look and noted they have the Swans as being the taller side. Going through the list, they have quite a few players 1cm taller than my database, which is updated every year from the AFL Season Guide. Not sure where their numbers come from.

Had a look and noted they have the Swans as being the taller side. Going through the list, they have quite a few players 1cm taller than my database, which is updated every year from the AFL Season Guide. Not sure where their numbers come from.
Heights are a bit unreliable. Jack was listed as 195cm for years but standing eye to eye with him (I'm 191) I put him at 193 absolute max. And the last couple of years that's what he's been listed at. Balta came in at 194 and is still listed as such but I'll eat my hat if he's not 196 now.