Changes for Qualifying Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Qualifying Final

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Personally I really like Caddy in our team, especially in big games.
I have no idea who I would leave out however. He could play forward for sure but we like the pace that Castagna, Rioli and Aarts bring and the only other way is to play Nankervis solo.
Caddy, Ross, Markov and Broad are our emergencies and none of them deserve to be out of the team

Reactions: 9 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Since being AA squad in 2018, Caddy lost his forward spot to Lynch, lost his wing spot to Pickett, lost his forward spot again to Chol.

Perhaps he makes us that little bit less unpredictable. Perhaps.
I think it actually just comes down to a lack of consistent and sustained form. His legs have let him down. The latest being patella knee problem in the Crows game. He just doesn't seem reliable this season. Not sure about the prognosis for this injury, what recovery time is needed.
Besides, with no Lynch, we cannot go into a final with no other tall option if something happened to Nank. Hence Chol is saved because he can play ruck/forward and is 2m tall.
All 4 emergencies so unlucky.

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Personally I really like Caddy in our team, especially in big games.
I have no idea who I would leave out however. He could play forward for sure but we like the pace that Castagna, Rioli and Aarts bring and the only other way is to play Nankervis solo.
Caddy, Ross, Markov and Broad are our emergencies and none of them deserve to be out of the team
Agree

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
ClubAvg AgeAvg GmsAvg GlsAvg HgtAvg Wgt
Bris26.00115.663.5187.988.5
Rich26.79119.780.4184.985.4

Last week's Brisbane team was marginally older, but these are the oldest two Brisbane sides since 2004. Won't be a pushover like last time.

All those stats add up to nothing it's the team who's going to bring the intensity, pressure and fight simple as that just like Fagan can quote all the stats he likes.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Good to see Prestia and Bolton back but do feel sorry for Ross. He was just starting to hit his straps but can’t fit them all in.

Hope he takes it the right way and realises he has a big future at the club.

Reactions: 4 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
A full strength midfield, looking forward to that

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Good to see Prestia and Bolton back but do feel sorry for Ross. He was just starting to hit his straps but can’t fit them all in.

Hope he takes it the right way and realises he has a big future at the club.

Yep Ross is stiff like you said very encouraging signs for the kid.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
All those stats add up to nothing it's the team who's going to bring the intensity, pressure and fight simple as that just like Fagan can quote all the stats he likes.

Kinda comforting to know that Hardwick's teams are 32-4 when 0.79+ years older than the oppo, though. When those numbers start to turn it will be a sign that the team is over the crest. Until then...

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Anyway it doesn’t really matter who plays. Brad Johnson has tipped against us again; just like every final last year.

We’re set!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
ClubAvg AgeAvg GmsAvg GlsAvg HgtAvg Wgt
Bris26.00115.663.5187.988.5
Rich26.79119.780.4184.985.4

Last week's Brisbane team was marginally older, but these are the oldest two Brisbane sides since 2004. Won't be a pushover like last time.
Interesting. Last year's final Brisbane was 25yrs 5mths for age and 107.4 games. We were 26yrs 2mths and 125.4 games. Very similar increase for both teams.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Has King, though? Kingy is the modern day kiss of death.
Nah reckon it’s Johnson and Barrett for us. Both tipped against us in every final last year. Barrett even tipped against us in the round 23 game against Brisbane at the G.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Tailia took Chol previous week free up Jack to.Andrews now has a choice go on Jack who is smart or if he doesn't and stays loose needs to man up on Chol or Nank.Martin will be playing forward you can see that.