Changes for Qualifying Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Qualifying Final

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
it's basically what we thought might happen. happy for Aarts to stay. hope Chol gives it some.
Prestia must be champing at the bit.
as someone has already said - how's our 4 emergencies !!

Reactions: 1 user

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
Anyway it doesn’t really matter who plays. Brad Johnson has tipped against us again; just like every final last year.

We’re set!
Haha, I heard him on RSN this morning and when Harf asked for his tips, I knew who he was tipping in our game! Bob Murphy is the same. He followed us as a kid, but tips against us in almost every big game.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Won't be surprised if Lions play Lester or Birchall on Chol. If I were coaching I know I would. Andrews & Gardiner to take Riewoldt & Martin

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I may well be in a minority but I think it is a mistake playing Chol in this QF although I know it is for overall balance. I fully accept he has moments of brilliance in tight and open play and has a good shot at goal but just have doubts on his mindset for a really big game. That said I hope he proves me wrong and turns it on bigtime. The inclusion seem obvious even though the two losing their place haven't done anything wrong

Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Simply has to perform, although I’m sure he realises that he will be replaced by Lynch next week.

Re: Mabior Chol [merged]
Must improve: Mabior Chol

Chol was given a great opportunity to push his case for finals selection but didn’t quite grasp it. With Tom Lynch and Ivan Soldo both out injured, Chol needed to step up as a forward/ruck but was unable to impact the game as he would have liked. He kicked a goal after a lovely mark on Daniel Talia but finished with just three touches and two hit-outs. If Lynch is fit for the Qualifying Final, then Chol will be the one to make way. He has a huge amount of ability but until he becomes more physical, he will find himself in and out of the team on a needs basis.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/09...out-and-those-who-must-improve-from-round-18/

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Chol can chop Nank out. For that, saved him over Caddy I think.

Last edited:

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Tailia took Chol previous week free up Jack to.Andrews now has a choice go on Jack who is smart or if he doesn't and stays loose needs to man up on Chol or Nank.Martin will be playing forward you can see that.

Only in the first half. Chol was so ineffective in the first half he was moved much higher up the ground in the second half. Personally I think he's better there. I agree, I think Dusty will be spending much more time forward tomorrow.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Last chance for Chol he puts in another @#$%#^ one like last game he's done, there aint no 3rd chance in Finals.

I'd rather concede the ruck for 5 minutes a quarter and have an extra runner.

Yet blokes like Broad and Caddy who've never let the side down on the big stage watch on.

Caddy probably not 100% fit anyway for this game.

Aarts will want to put in a good one cos he's next on the chopping block ...unfortunately for him.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Only in the first half. Chol was so ineffective in the first half he was moved much higher up the ground in the second half. Personally I think he's better there. I agree, I think Dusty will be spending much more time forward tomorrow.
Maybe tlove.
But first half it was Caddy 2nd rucking. Then he injured his knee so Chol moved from FF to a forward/ruck role. Thats why we saw him higher up the ground in the 2nd half.

My guess is that Dimma knows how Chol rucks.
But against the crowed he wanted a sighter on Caddy rucking. Just a trial.
So when Lynch comes in then its Chol out with Caddy to support.
But the Caddy knee changed that plan

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
What about Barrett? He tipped against us in our last 5 games last year and got them all wrong
Barrett largely did that because he wrote us off after Rance went down, and if we won then he had to admit he was wrong. King is just brilliant at picking the wrong team.