Changes for Qualifying Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Qualifying Final

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Maybe tlove.
But first half it was Caddy 2nd rucking. Then he injured his knee so Chol moved from FF to a forward/ruck role. Thats why we saw him higher up the ground in the 2nd half.

My guess is that Dimma knows how Chol rucks.
But against the crowed he wanted a sighter on Caddy rucking. Just a trial.
So when Lynch comes in then its Chol out with Caddy to support.
But the Caddy knee changed that plan

No Caddy was not rucking he rucked once ironically when Chol was rucking whilst Nanks was off the ground. He was playing wing rotations most of the game. Check my centre bounce review in the game day thread. Reiwoldt took a couple of ball ups in the first half and Dusty had a ruck contest.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We'll run the Lions off their feet with the extra pace that Prestia and Bolton bring.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
No Caddy was not rucking he rucked once ironically when Chol was rucking whilst Nanks was off the ground. He was playing wing rotations most of the game. Check my centre bounce review in the game day thread. Reiwoldt took a couple of ball ups in the first half and Dusty had a ruck contest.
My take is he was rucking around the ground but not in the centre square.
Maybe it was a blicalvs wing ruck.
Nothing wrong with a test move against the last team

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I'm worried, I'll be honest. There just seems to be this extra focus or determination from the lions for this one. I reckon they will come out absolutely breathing fire. We can't be losing the clearance battle by as much as we have been lately. Don't need to win this stat line, and we rarely do but we need to even it up. Also lower the eyes and hit a target in f50. No more of this bombing crap.

To be fair, I'm usually worried most of the time anyway but this time it's for real... :D

Reactions: 3 users

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
This is a very important game. While a Prelim in Brisbane against Geelong or West Coast would be tough, a Prelim in Adelaide against Port would be murderous. Port in Brisbane in a GF would be an "easier" game.

Also Chol was always getting the second game - Bris have multiple talls and two rucks. If he can just bring the ball to ground he will have done ok.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Have to admit I'm more nervous than usual. Lynch not playing has done this to me. I'm sweating bullets that Cholly seriously steps up.

Go Tigers!

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Have to admit I'm more nervous than usual. Lynch not playing has done this to me. I'm sweating bullets that Cholly seriously steps up.

Go Tigers!

I'm nervous as as well. But hopefully the result doesn't come down to how well Chol plays. Team effort will get us over the line & he just needs to play his role.

Reactions: 1 user

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
I’m looking forward to the contest.

There’s no way the team is going to take things lightly or not come out completely focussed and ready to roll. They are well drilled and know what it means to bring the pressure; it’s in their DNA. And their effort and energy against the Eagles and Adelaide showed us where their heads are at leading into finals.

Some may feel that the Bears may be due, and they no doubt would want to stamp their authority on the game by beating the tiges; but now is not their time. Brisbane will bring the pressure and although they may be better than last year, the tiges will absorb their blows and just keep tightening the noose until a snapping sound is heard.

Go Tiges!

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Why, after the events of the last nearly four years, do I still feel like it’s the nineties/naughties and that we’re going to lose every game we play...?

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Pandaboy

Tiger Superstar
Mar 27, 2009
Caddy over pickett any day of the week including twice on sundays

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Why, after the events of the last nearly four years, do I still feel like it’s the nineties/naughties and that we’re going to lose every game we play...?
The scars are still there from years of misery.

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
Disagree.

If Cats get through and we come up against them in PF (or GF) they are still the team to fear (as is WC with a Kennedy that isn't taken out in the first 15mins)
Shows what I know!

:rotfl1 :rotfl1 :rotfl1