Changes for Semi | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Semi

I'm going against the grain here and doubling down on Chol. His only role should be as a third marking forward / ruck relief - this game gives him that opportunity - the perfect scenario for him. If he fails - out for the Prelim. I'm going to back him against the Saints.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm going against the grain here and doubling down on Chol. His only role should be as a third marking forward / ruck relief - this game gives him that opportunity - the perfect scenario for him. If he fails - out for the Prelim. I'm going to back him against the Saints.

Not for me. Chol must be dropped. Cant be rewarding poor form. That was Chol's 4th or 5th poor game in a row. What sort of message does that send the rest of the players?

Reactions: 5 users
We haven’t been in this position for nearly 20 years so I am fascinated to see how the selectors go with changes to a losing finals team.

We have been a very stable squad with the playing group during the last 3 years finals campaign cause we have been winning finals.

End the Broad to defence and Balta to forward line changing ruck farce now.

Agree, that part of the system works, even though Brisbane did better switching the play than most sides do.
Yeh, their wings (McCluggage and Berry) convincingly beat our wings. (with respect to ezy jnr). Doesn't happen very often.

Reactions: 1 user
End the Broad to defence and Balta to forward line changing ruck farce now.
I'm actually warming to this. I can't see them bringing in Lynch and sticking with Chol (he blew his chance last week) and Balta could be a bit of a wildcard midfielder/ruck for 5-8 minutes a qtr.

Maybe Chol/Aarts for Lynch/Broad or Lynch/Markov.

If Chol plays and fails again we most likely won't have to worry about selecting a side for a PF.

Surely we can't play him after the lack of intensity and form he has displayed in his last 2 games. Not to mention the game before he was dropped.

Reactions: 11 users
I backed Chol last week. He failed me. But I am backing him again.

He is a much different prospect when both Lynch and Riewoldt are playing.

If Chol plays and fails again we most likely won't have to worry about selecting a side for a PF.

Surely we can't play him after the lack of intensity and form he has displayed in his last 2 games. Not to mention the game before he was dropped.
Come on Ridley. That's a slight over reaction. We have more issues than first thought if winning means Chol having a good game.

A snippet from the article, does Dimma have something else in mind other than Chol? Unless I'm misinterpreting it, sounds like he does.

"Our preference is for 'Nank' to have a second ruck to go with, whether that's 'Mabs' or some other combination," the two-time premiership coach said on Wednesday.

"Hindsight's a wonderful thing. Would we have picked the same side last week as this week? We probably wouldn't. We've done a little bit of work on that, so we'll look at something different for this weekend's game."

Come on Ridley. That's a slight over reaction. We have more issues than first thought if winning means Chol having a good game.

Caddy plays last week. Kicks 2 goals out of the 5 opportunities that Chol completely stuffed up.
Let alone the opportunities that he would have created and not to mention the resultant rebounding of Brisbane’s defence due to failure of locking the ball into our forward line. We win.

Chol could not have played more ineffectively in his last 2 games if he tried ( or didn’t )

Not sure it’s an overreaction at all.
Games are close. Selection is crucial.

Reactions: 8 users
Nah I think it's fair Smokin. He has been insipid the past 2 games. Didn't matter against the wooden spooners in round 18 but it hurt us big time last week. No impact when the ball went forward; couldn't halve a contest and gave our smalls no chance to compete on the ground. Andrews just waltzed around our backline doing as he pleased.

He also gave us little in the ruck and regardless we probably don't need a second ruck this week with Ryder out. Reckon we go back to the 2017 model.

Just can't play a bloke that displays a blatant lack of intensity and desire in finals. He seemed incapable of even competing.

Reactions: 10 users
He also gave us little in the ruck and regardless we probably don't need a second ruck this week with Ryder out. Reckon we go back to the 2017 model.

Just can't play a bloke that displays a blatant lack of intensity and desire in finals. He seemed incapable of even competing.

Agree Riddles, Chol im having nightmares already if he plays. Shocking against the Crows and not much better against the Lions. This is finals where tough and committed players shine. Chol has shown neither and should go out. Id much rather Broad come in and help in defence while balta gives Nank a chop out.
Marshall is likely to ruck the majority of the game as will Nank.

Reactions: 4 users
A snippet from the article, does Dimma have something else in mind other than Chol? Unless I'm misinterpreting it, sounds like he does.

"Our preference is for 'Nank' to have a second ruck to go with, whether that's 'Mabs' or some other combination," the two-time premiership coach said on Wednesday.

"Hindsight's a wonderful thing. Would we have picked the same side last week as this week? We probably wouldn't. We've done a little bit of work on that, so we'll look at something different for this weekend's game."

Do you or anyone else think it might be Miller time or Dimma goes with Chol again as back up for Nank?
Or he brings in Broad?

Nah I think it's fair Smokin. He has been insipid the past 2 games. Didn't matter against the wooden spooners in round 18 but it hurt us big time last week. No impact when the ball went forward; couldn't halve a contest and gave our smalls no chance to compete on the ground. Andrews just waltzed around our backline doing as he pleased.

We can’t have Nank rucking huge chunks of the game. Last week he rucked 80% .. That’s a lot !

No way do you allow your best player to take a ruck(s) -Dusty.
Lynch
Jack . These are important players. Risking injury to these players. Stupidity. Sorry.

Chol- No but who knows . Have no confidence in him.
Miller time- Smokey?
Broad- does he go with a more mobile player? Does he play Broad just a small % of time per quarter and keep the back structure with Balta still back. To me the last two weeks the chemistry with the backs looks off.
Balta- do you take the chance and move Balta and replace him with Broad and reunite the ‘backline band’?
Caddy- comes in as another tough marking option and accurate kick and take out a small? We just can’t take a contested mark. The smalls are not hitting the scoreboard nor locking the ball in. Lynch will help but so will Caddy with contested marking and releases Jack somewhat. But makes us a fraction slow... ?

I know which way I would go but I’m not Dimma nor the MC.

Dimma May just back this group.

They will either fail him or he will be a genius.

Kane Lambert would be one of my first picks if 100%. Same with Jake Aarts. Lambert's hips and Jake's Shoulders remind me of 2018 selection errors.

So, I would have Lynch for Chol, Markov and Broad for Aarts and Lambert. Fitness is everything against the speedy saints.

This would give us speed and versatility to swing Noah, Broady or Dave into attack and ruck duties when needed.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm glad Dimma said this. they blew it last week the balance was out of whack.

Reactions: 5 users
definite in - lynch for chol

in contention - caddy, broad, markov, ross

on shaky ground - catagna, houli, aarts, pickett, lambert

little less shaky - rioli, kmac, bolton
Lynch for Chol ...tick
Caddy for Aarts. His strength inside is needed and as forward interchange but is too slow for the wing v. Saints.
Liking Markov for Pickett, played a few shockers lately.
Lambert still had 19 disposals last week despite hip issue...stays unless he's pulled up sore.
Castagna, Houli, Rioli are favourites...stay
Bolton did well in general play but his brain fade & lack of discipline cost us the game...yes shaky.
Kmac shaky with 13 & 7 disposals last 2 weeks. Who replaces him?
Like to have Broad in but he's limited to defence, so who goes out?