Changes for Semi | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Semi

Not for me. Chol must be dropped. Cant be rewarding poor form. That was Chol's 4th or 5th poor game in a row. What sort of message does that send the rest of the players?

Yeah just ask Markov Ross and Broad who all were in good form and playing well and got the arse.

Reactions: 4 users
Aarts played injured last week, doesnt look right.

Bit worried that Chol stays in, hoping the changes are Chol and Aarts for Lynch and Caddy.

Balta helps in the ruck.

I think this is a better option than Caddy and Chol in the same team.

Astbury coming in has impacted Baltas output.

Think its a good idea to broaden his job description

Reactions: 2 users

Not unexpected really,.

That said he better be making way for Caddy up forward and not Lynch with Chol playing again.

Shame for Jake as he's a Tigers lad and heart and soul.

If he had Georges pace he'd probably have forced George out of the side.

His lack of speed is what keeps him from being first 22 with a full fit list, same as with Jack HIggins.

Reactions: 1 user
Lynch and Caddy both in. Makes us a three goal better team. I would also look at Markov or Broad to play wing on Hill as a tagger.

Reactions: 1 users
Please do not keep chol in the side.
He stunk it up two weeks in a row.
Like going in with a man short

Reactions: 8 users
Lynch and Caddy both in. Makes us a three goal better team. I would also look at Markov or Broad to play wing on Hill as a tagger.
Aarts may of being carrying that arm injury since the crows game?

Aarts dropped and looking like Chol stays. Not happy about Chol needs to pull his finger out, but ill back the MC. In Dimma we Trust.

One of Richmond’s 2020 success stories has been axed ahead of a crunch final against St Kilda.

QUEENSLAND - RICHMOND has dropped Jake Aarts from its team to face St Kilda on Friday night.

Foxfooty.com.au understands Damien Hardwick and his selection panel have made the call and notified the mature-age recruit of their decision.

The Tigers could bring back Josh Caddy or Tom Lynch for Aarts. The latter would represent a shift in thinking and allow Toby Nankervis and Mabior Chol to shoulder the ruck responsibilities.

Aarts had eight disposals against Brisbane and has been a key feature in each of the club’s last 14 games.

He debuted in Round 5 against Melbourne and has played every match since, booting 14 goals.

The 25-year-old was one of just six Richmond players to miss playing in the 2019 VFL or AFL premierships due to suspension.

Meanwhile, Lynch says he’ll be fit to face St Kilda, despite undergoing scans on Tuesday — and not on his troublesome hamstring.

The Tigers will name their team for Friday night’s game late on Thursday afternoon.

• Angry
Looks like Chol stays.

Aarts out is stiff, but he's always going go out ahead of Rioli/Castagna.

Lynch for Aarts looks like a major drop off in forward pressure capacity to me....not an area we were at the top of our game in last week either.

• Sad
Bolton to play pressure fwd and Lynch to come in.

We were 1 mid surplus last week to our usual structure

Reactions: 3 users
I'm going against the grain here and doubling down on Chol. His only role should be as a third marking forward / ruck relief - this game gives him that opportunity - the perfect scenario for him. If he fails - out for the Prelim. I'm going to back him against the Saints.
What role did Chol play last week?

Lynch for Aarts looks like a major drop off in forward pressure capacity to me....not an area we were at the top of our game in last week either.

Can see Bolton playing Aarts role. So pressure remains with the same setup.
The Pressure apart from last week has been top-notch, hunting and harassing. Last week we started well, but i noticed end of 2nd qtr we looked spent. Weird for us and humidity was in the 80's. Dimma mentioned it today.

Btw, did you get your tkts for this friday's game? So spewing cant be there, have gone to every final prior to this year. I spoke to the club and they said as im in Vic you cant go. The border is closed to Victoria. Was so impressed with our support last week against the Lions. We had plenty and sounded very loud on the TV

Last edited:
Selecting injured players, even injured superstars, is a great way to lose finals.

If Aarts is out, I’m thinking his shoulder is hampering him just that little bit too much at the moment. And if that’s the case, I’m ok with him not being selected in favour of someone less hampered.

I still think Chol needs to be dropped. Maybe permanently. I’d love for the guy to rip it up at AFL level and prove me wrong, but I just don’t see it. No point having all the tools if you can’t use them consistently.

Reactions: 2 users
Bolton to play pressure fwd and Lynch to come in.

We were 1 mid surplus last week to our usual structure

Last point is spot on. We lacked something down forward beyond missing Lynch. Was very surprising that Dusty didn't spend more time down there.

Reactions: 1 users