Changes for West Coast Next Week | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for West Coast Next Week

Sir, I hear you but I think you and I have different interpretations on the term 'guns'. The Aussie version seems to mean top players whereas the English version means the better group.
No worries - all good (and like your monika 'Have to be positive')

To me (AUS v UK) to me a 'gun' is someone that is elite - above the rest

If we take that further - I would respectfully suggest that if our 'guns' are six shooters - then 50% of the bullets are blanks! :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Have to expect we'll thump West Coast, we need to for percentage sake, however I never take these games for granted. They were only 8 points down at half time last time we played them after being pumped by Blues by 108 points the week before and 70 points the week after.

Going to the game curtesy of Tiger Interstate member grand son who is Fly Out this game. Should win but by how much. WC big three Hurn Barrass & McGovern back in will stiffen up their backline.

Reactions: 1 user
Ralphsmith as the sub brings no impact when he comes on.

And if he comes on early he brings not much for the whole game.

Id rather have Jud as sub.

Ryan should be in the side for mine at FF to occupy McGovern.

Remember Juddy didn't play last week as was also a carry over for the AFL team. The kids in the inbetween area have really been screwed a bit over the last couple of weeks by the fixturing. Carry over emergencies for the AFL for a game that is played after our VFL game makes it difficult.

Suspect they want to get a full game into Juddy. Hugo played the full game last week so probably suits better fitness wise to be the sub.

Remember Juddy didn't play last week as was also a carry over for the AFL team. The kids in the inbetween area have really been screwed a bit over the last couple of weeks by the fixturing. Carry over emergencies for the AFL for a game that is played after our VFL game makes it difficult.

Suspect they want to get a full game into Juddy. Hugo played the full game last week so probably suits better fitness wise to be the sub.
I get all that but Hugo in reality brings no edge to the side or any impact, when sub and often less when he does plays a full game.

Going to the game curtesy of Tiger Interstate member grand son who is Fly Out this game. Should win but by how much. WC big three Hurn Barrass & McGovern back in will stiffen up their backline.
Hope we win so you can enjoy the day with your grandson Tigaman.

Reactions: 3 users
Probably the MC wants to go for some pressure acts rather than being able to kick a goal or two!

Not all of us.

I will be suprised if MJ doesn't play in this game.

The Eagles look really vulnerable down back when the opposition has good pace around the contest and can apply pressure when the Eagles are trying to clear the ball.

They welcome back Hurn, but while he has been a great player, I don't think his ability counters this problem, and probably makes it worse.

All good in theory but let's make no mistake about it, cats win 9 times out of 10 at home hence why I said hope ess lose. Even if I want Ess to win they are not beating the cats at GMHBA. For us, we just got to keep on winning and we'll make it. We do play dogs and saints in the next month (both of them could miss finals).

ESSENDON Remaining games, I have as 3 wins and 3 losses and one at 50/50

Round 18:
Geelong at GMHBA Stadium (lose)

Round 19: Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium (50/50)

Round 20: Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium (should win 60/40)

Round 21: West Coast Eagles at Marvel Stadium (win)

Round 22: North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium (win)

Round 23: GWS Giants at Giants Stadium (lose)

Round 24: Collingwood at the MCG (lose)

Geelong Remaining games, I have as 4 wins , 2 losses and one at 50/50 V Port at GHMHBA

Round 18:
Essendon at GMHBA Stadium (WIN)

Round 19: Brisbane Lions at the Gabba (Lose)

Round 20: Fremantle at GMHBA Stadium (WIN)

Round 21: Port Adelaide at GMHBA Stadium (should win 60/40)

Round 22: Collingwood at the MCG (Lose)

Round 23: St Kilda at Marvel Stadium (Win)

Round 24: Western Bulldogs at GMHBA Stadium (Win)
I reckon cats will lose pies port lions and 1 of ess dogs saints

With Soldo and Miller named in the 22, and Mansell and Clarke playing VFL today, Hugo looks the most likely sub.
Hope not ....

I'm hoping for Ryan in to help JR8 and Cotch to possibly get the vest and Hugo can cut the oranges.

Banks gets another shot at a full game or at worst gets the vest.

Carlton plays 3 of the top 4 teams, pies, port, dees, also the Saints, GC at Metricon, and GWS who aint no pushover these days. They wont make it.
'
It' s a crazy sport AFL. That's 4 wins in a row by 50 points or more to the Blues (and 108 vs WC) . Greatest winning margin for us this year was 48 against WC, 32, 24, 20. No chance of catching their percentage now and I think Blues will win at least 4 of their last 6 which means we'd need to win 5.

Id actually rather Essendon beat the cats to be honest.

Essendon have a good draw.. they are making it. Cats have some very tough games, they’re very gettable for us to overtake them if they lose this weekend.
Agree. I'd rather be same points as Cats than half a game behind Bombers after this round as Geelong look to have the tougher draw to me, Bombers 4 teams outside the 8 for last 6 games including North & Eagles, and Bulldogs who will almost certainly be out of the 8 if Geelong beats Essendon. Geelong play 5 in the current 8 (inc Bulldogs) in the last 6.