CHANGES MOOTED IN HERALD SUN | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

CHANGES MOOTED IN HERALD SUN

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just leave it alone.

16 a side may have seen slightly higher scores in the VFA but I reckon those VFA grounds would have been a bit less spacious than the MCG.

The game evolves, they were complaining about too many goals in the 1930s, now not enough (but apparently not an issue about 10 years ago).

DS

Reactions: 2 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Just leave it alone.

16 a side may have seen slightly higher scores in the VFA but I reckon those VFA grounds would have been a bit less spacious than the MCG.

The game evolves, they were complaining about too many goals in the 1930s, now not enough (but apparently not an issue about 10 years ago).

DS

Gee DS "VFA grounds less spacious than the MCG" I can tell you from firsf hand experience that Skinner Reserve (Sunshines old VFA ground) made the MCG look like a postage stamp. :D

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Will hardly make any difference to congestion around the ball.

Another *smile* rule change for the sake of rule change.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
These coaches are wankers.

They bring in a game style that leads to success for them, but once their dominance is over and their team is no longer good enough to succeed against the style they implemented they call for rule changes to assist their side now it is no good.

Clarkson is one of these pushing against defensive football yesterday .............................. he implemented defensive football in layers over the ground even around each ball up or congested area of contest.

Why Big Al is it because your team is now too *smile* to score against it ?

Ive heard Daisy Pearce talk more common sense over this crap than any coach current or former or some former players.

Put her in charge FFS !!

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Whatever rules they change or bring in, coaches will always find a way around it, because that’s their job, to win games however they can.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I bet if Collingwood or Geelong were in our position.
There would NO talk about changing the game.
Hocking is in his position to uncut us and get Geelong in a postion of power again.
We lose ellis (2X premiership player)
We get compensated a late 2nd rounder.
Geelong loses Motlop and gets a late first rounder.

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
Wont help scoring, as teams now only defend 70meters from the ball carrier, 18 or 16 men is no real difference of how many meters a player has to guard to set up a tight defense.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Gee DS "VFA grounds less spacious than the MCG" I can tell you from firsf hand experience that Skinner Reserve (Sunshines old VFA ground) made the MCG look like a postage stamp. :D

Sunshine? Whoa, never went out that far. I remember Coburg being reasonably small and Sandringham. Junction Oval had Grand Finals and wasn't big from memory. But this was a long time ago so hard to remember.

DS

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Sunshine? Whoa, never went out that far. I remember Coburg being reasonably small and Sandringham. Junction Oval had Grand Finals and wasn't big from memory. But this was a long time ago so hard to remember.

DS

If you want "small" try Glenferrie Oval, absolutely puny :oops:

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Used to walk past that ground years ago, it certainly is tiny and still no space for a crowd. No idea how they ever got many fans in there.

DS

They never got too much of a crowd there, the only seating available was in the 2 rather small "grandstands" & 1 row of seats around the boundary fence, everbody else stood on the terraces.
That"s why they moved their home games to Princes Park

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I can imagine they never got many in there.

I always associate Hawthorn with Princes Park, it is where I saw them the most when I was growing up.

DS

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
To open the game and enable sides to score is to clear congestion.

Pay the frees that are there and not allow team tackles, holding the ball, attempting to dispose of the ball and you will see things change.

Maybe even reduce interchange...

Pay the frees .

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Struggling for content at the Hun when they're running pages and pages on Ricky Nixon. .... ffs these journos are so gullible, why would anyone believe anything this bloke has to say?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Struggling for content at the Hun when they're running pages and pages on Ricky Nixon. .... ffs these journos are so gullible, why would anyone believe anything this bloke has to say?
Yeah, it’s the same with Toby Green and Dave Warner, every so often we get sympathy pieces where they claim all those misdeanours are behind them, they’ve learnt their lesson, they’re sorry etc etc....

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Instead of going down to 16 players, just take out 2 rows of seats around the ground. In the case of the SCG, 6 rows, and Kardinia park, knock out the stands on the wings.

See if Chris Scott chokes on his juice while drinking from his sippy cup when he heard those changes.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Front page sunday morning.
"How to tell if your child needs a booster seat"

The world's dying around them, so they start the paper about a booster seat story.

Do they know your not allowed to drive around fsticks.