Changes v Aints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Aints

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
No way Short plays after the long lay off.

Naish, Butler and Menadue to also miss out.

Reactions: 1 user

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Concerned about so many inclusions of players returning from soft tissue injuries. The surface at Marvel is unreliable which leads to a high level of unpredictability. Particularly for players who are not match fit.
For a team that goes about rehab so carefully the process here is a puzzle and a bit of a worry.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Concerned about so many inclusions of players returning from soft tissue injuries. The surface at Marvel is unreliable which leads to a high level of unpredictability. Particularly for players who are not match fit.
For a team that goes about rehab so carefully the process here is a puzzle and a bit of a worry.
Agree
It would be a bit risky playing Lambert at the dome first up after his Achilles injury. I'd rather he gets a nominated amount of game time in the VFL.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
No way Short plays after the long lay off.

Naish, Butler and Menadue to also miss out.

I thought the players that miss out need to come from those named on the extended interchange bench. If that is the case then Short will play as he's named on HBF.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I hope we have a strong lead at 3/4 time as I can't see us running out the game too well with this amount of underdone players.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Note the asterisk in the AFL team sheet:
  • INTERCHANGE FROM*
  • 14 Bachar Houli
  • 34 Jack Graham
  • 41 Mabior Chol
  • 45 Patrick Naish
  • 7 Dan Butler
  • 37 Connor Menadue
  • 29 Shai Bolton
  • 48 Liam Baker
  • *Four to be omitted
For what it’s worth short and Shai only those on the bench named in the VFL team...

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
May explain why there’s been so many injuries (a change in philosophy). There must be reasons for the sharp increase in injuries this year, questions should be asked

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
- Reckon Mabs will get another crack with Balta out.

- Shorty named on the ground a surprise. Thought he may see VFL time after such a long break.

- Ellis moved up to the wing. Much better.

- Bachar may be the one to get a rest.

- Bolton a cert to replace Butler.

- Higgins & Balta a bit of a reality check.

- Lots of changes. We'll be a bit rusty I reckon.

Can’t believe they bring Short straight back in after missing 3 months of football.
Does Hardwick know we have a reserves side??
He is throwing everything in, do or die.
If we lose to stkilda, I would give Cotchin, Jack, nakas all the rest of year off.
I wouldn’t play Houli again, and I would play CD, the young ruckman and Townsend for the remainder of the year.

Last edited:

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Can’t believe they bring Short straight back in after missing 3 months of football.
Does Hardwick know we a reserves side??
He is throwing everything in, do or die.
If we lose to stkilda, I would give Cotchin, Jack, nakas all the rest of year off.
I wouldn’t play Houli again, and I would play CD, the young ruckman and Townsend for the remainder of the year.

Got to get them AFL match fit & hardened for the Finals asap.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Do we ever play the Saints at our home ground?

We probably do, but I can't recall a specific instance.....

We played them at least once at the G last year in our home game and I also think the return bout was at the G even though it was the Saints home game. We also pantsed them at the G in the last game of 2017; about 6 weeks after they smashed us at Chernobyl.

North Melbourne is another matter. We haven't played them at the G in a H&A game since 2012!!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We played them at least once at the G last year in our home game and I also think the return bout was at the G even though it was the Saints home game. We also pantsed them at the G in the last game of 2017; about 6 weeks after they smashed us at Chernobyl.

North Melbourne is another matter. We haven't played them at the G in a H&A game since 2012!!

Correction. The Saints home game against us last year was at Chernobyl. We beat them by 54 points. A similar result on Sunday would be very welcome.

Reactions: 3 users

nafe brown

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 22, 2014
6 inclusions in one week is a lot especially when 4 of them haven’t played a game in over a month + shortly hasn’t played snice round 3

I am little concerned for Sundays game !

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Yeah we do need to win the ball out of the middle so important we get both Cotchin and Lambert back. Soldo played against North and gave us nothing. I would be going with Chol and Balta. We need another tall option up forward.
Wowsers. I was hoping those 7 would be added to the squad. Didn't see the Garthy and Balta omissions coming although both struggled a bit against Crows,

Cholly will play. We've got the VFL set up in the ruck now. Might actually work.
saints aren’t that tall forward
And Garthwaite got a touch up by Jenkins
He’s like Waite . Only turns up for richmond games

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
saints aren’t that tall forward
And Garthwaite got a touch up by Jenkins
He’s like Waite . Only turns up for richmond games

Anyone that Carthwaite plays on will ‘torch’ him, I haven’t seen anything from him to say he will be a reliable defender.
Slow, not tall enough and the most importantly always stands in the wrong spots.
Every time Adelaide went forward and scored it seem they used him as the front gate to goal.
Should’ve had Roughead instead of Weller.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Damn!! Did not want the Dons to win last night. No matter what everyone on here thinks just to make the eight is going to be a bit of a task.

disagree. the bombers aren't a concern. I'd prefer one of the top 4 to fall off the cliff to open up the opportunity for us. last night was a good result.

Does Hardwick know we have a reserves side??

The match committee decide the team, not just Dimma. but I take your point. With so many ins, it seems crazy to bring short back after 12 weeks out without a run in the VFL. I hope they know what they are doing. but with our injury run this year, I am worried they are pushing the envelope too much.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Short was not setting the world on fire pre injury, practice games included his form was indifferent and his kicking way below par. VFL would be the go for me. With Stack and Houli back there (assuming neither are injured) I see no rush to get him back this week.