Changes v GC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v GC

VFL report stated Ross picked up 29 possessions in the backline last week. I just can’t see that he has the speed and accuracy by foot to play half back in the seniors. His development by the club has been very disappointing
don't buy it. Had ample opportunities. I'm generally a skeptic of the poor development/ played out of posi argument. Good players play the role the coach wants them to play, he's the coach for a reason, and take their chances.

You seem to be arguing against yourself besides, you're saying he's slow and can't kick, is that the clubs doing?

Reactions: 4 users
While good players have a better chance of making a fist of alternate positions I am a strong believer players should play the position best suited to them.

Reactions: 1 users
n the sort you can't control.

Balta, Broad, Edwards, Nankervis, Vlastuin, Bolton and Lynch were all impact or long term degenerative injuries.

Hard to know with Astbury, Prestia is a tricky one, and I'd argue Cotchin and Houli are being well managed.

Naish pinched a hammy, not too many other soft tissues I can recall?

Astbury is achilles right? Not much you can do to prevent or strengthen that (I would guess).

Excuse my ignorance, but who actually does sit on the match committee?
I've been wondering that for years, if there is even such a thing these days. In my ignorance I thought the coach picked the team, with help from his assistants.
Or is there still a committee man in a gabardine overcoat standing in the shadows at Thursday who has a say?

Last edited:
  • Haha
at a guess, Id say Dimma, Balme, Matt Clark, Tim Livingston, Cotchy, Xavier Clarke, Kingsley?
Clarke wouldn't. He watches more under-18s than Richmond. Not sure about Balme. The other assistants: McQualter, maybe Ferg. Do we have any others?

With Astbury back I would have dropped Chol & retained young Ryan given we are playing a depleted Suns outfit. Ryan would have built confidence & the conditions would suit.
Miller stiff too IMO. Astbury will be underdone & Miller’s form deserves promotion.
Stack is a far better player than Naish & always will be.
Ross? I honestly don’t get the half back experiment.
Lynch’s return is welcome as is RCD’s promotion. Other than that it’s a bit of a mess. Should still win though.

Reactions: 5 users
With Astbury back I would have dropped Chol & retained young Ryan given we are playing a depleted Suns outfit. Ryan would have built confidence & the conditions would suit.
Miller stiff too IMO. Astbury will be underdone & Miller’s form deserves promotion.
Stack is a far better player than Naish & always will be.
Ross? I honestly don’t get the half back experiment.
Lynch’s return is welcome as is RCD’s promotion. Other than that it’s a bit of a mess. Should still win though.

Agree on all counts ToO.

Seems like the coaching and match committee are as out of form as the players are.

Reactions: 1 user
Pleased that RCD, Naish and Ross have been recalled, would've liked Syd to get selected too.

"You like Ross? Ross is good. Is good for you. Nice, big, healthy Ross, help you grow strong! And Naish! Yes, you need Naish! Is tasty! No, very tasty, I tell you. For you, I give you Ross and Naish. Because I like you. I like you smile. Only - one draft pick. Yes! You take CJ - I give you Naish, I give you Ross. Big muscles, good tasty. Just for pick 2. Only for just pick 2. Only for you, with the dimples. You take home you feed you family. You make a stew, so many things. Okay. Yes. Thank you. You welcome. Thank you."

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Well as expected, no dropping Houli, no dropping KMac, no dropping Castagna. Too much experience already being forced out. Was never going to happen this round.
As I said earlier this was never about guessing what Dimma would chose to do. This was about suggesting what I thought should happen.
Dimma’s commitment to his favoured players is part of the clubs culture and let’s hope that continues to work for us.
For the record I think the club is a long long way from so managing KMac, and deservedly so.

Love Broady and he'd be top-5 in the B&F but he has dropped roughly 146 uncontested marks this year.
That appeared to be one of our main problems last week and last few weeks, dropping crucial marks; yet last week Broad 9 marks, Grimes 8, Flossy 7 which weren't too bad I guess but Balta dropped a few, got 5. In past years our intercept marking in back half was a feature of our re-bound turnovers leading to goals.

Last edited:
Clarke wouldn't. He watches more under-18s than Richmond. Not sure about Balme. The other assistants: McQualter, maybe Ferg. Do we have any others?

I heard Dimma say the other day he does, so as to keep current with exactly what they want in a player.

its unique apparently

Reactions: 1 user
God I miss Rance.... Back line seems a shadow of itself and Vlass with a bad corky - will he play?? Lastly just who is gunna kick it to our three tall forwards - Shai simply must attend most of the center bounces along with Dusty and Cotch.