Changes v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v GWS

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Season in the line in this game.
To be honest, we have played poorly this year and deserve to be 8th.
If we don't beat GWS at Marvel we don't deserve to play finals.
Not optomistic.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Nah we’re good Aces. You know my opinion on Ross, he ain’t gonna help us.

Baker and Pickett are locks for midfield time along with Dusty, Graham, RCD.

The key to this game will be Short, Houli, McIntosh, Naish, Ralphsmith. If these guys can receive from the back and run, we’ll be well served at Marvel.

My only query is the lack of a third marking forward. I would’ve thought a slightly longer game would’ve protected the thin midfield roster.

I feel we have been lacking a dangerous third forward all year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Yeah I pondered whether losing this game means we’re done.

It doesn’t. If we lose again to Brisbane, we still have two soft games coming into the bye. 6-6 at the turn is a platform for finals if not top four.

As we need to keep saying, all we need is to be there come September.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Club
Avg Age
Avg Gms
Avg Gls
Avg Hgt
Avg Wgt
Rich
26.14​
101.8​
80.0​
186.7​
86.0​
GWS
24.00​
62.3​
41.1​
189.4​
88.8​

Good numbers for us, missing personnel notwithstanding. It's rare that we've lost games like this under Hardwick. Yet I'll be pleased if we escape with the points.

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Nah we’re good Aces. You know my opinion on Ross, he ain’t gonna help us.

Baker and Pickett are locks for midfield time along with Dusty, Graham, RCD.

The key to this game will be Short, Houli, McIntosh, Naish, Ralphsmith. If these guys can receive from the back and run, we’ll be well served at Marvel.

My only query is the lack of a third marking forward. I would’ve thought a slightly longer game would’ve protected the thin midfield roster.

I feel we have been lacking a dangerous third forward all year.
Conceding first possession at Marvel is very dangerous. You don’t have the same luxury like at the G where you can roll back and win back the footy. Clearances are gold. We are lacking in that department. We have our third string midfield playing. Yet we drop a guy who is an inside mid and get us first use.

The match committee have credits in the bank but the balance is decreasing each week.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Conceding first possession at Marvel is very dangerous. You don’t have the same luxury like at the G where you can roll back and win back the footy. Clearances are gold. We are lacking in that department. We have our third string midfield playing. Yet we drop a guy who is an inside mid and get us first use.

The match committee have credits in the bank but the balance is decreasing each week.
As is the ongoing decision to not play a second ruck. Ridiculous

spook

Tiger Legend
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Giants are a first hands to the ball side. Even with our full compliment of mids only Chimp will regularly beat them to the pill. So we play the dirty 22B. Heat and counter. Pressure the ball, turn it over and off to the races. Richmond Small Ball 101.

That's the plan. We weren't going to beat them on the inside, Ross or no.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Ralphsmith, RCD, Melee

3 players with what? 7 games between them?

Not the week I'd debut a kid, but I trust the MC.

Hugo certainly has wheels.

I want to see Melee hit the burners too.

spook

Tiger Legend
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Ralphsmith, RCD, Melee

3 players with what? 7 games between them?

Not the week I'd debut a kid, but I trust the MC.

Hugo certainly has wheels.

I want to see Melee hit the burners too.
We're gonna run, mate.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Just looking at the team who are the players who can win clearances and attend centre bounces? Dusty, Baker, RCD, Pickett and Graham. Includes a bloke playing his 3rd game and 2 blokes who have played very little midfield at AFL level. Geez that is light on.
There is a very simple explanation, the cupboard is pretty bare Ridley.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Seems like selection suicide.
Seems like necessity to me. ie, injuries. Those rueing Ross omittion, based on his alleged position rather than form or ability, are clutching at straws IMO. Been terrible all year.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Seems like necessity to me. ie, injuries. Those rueing Ross omittion, based on his alleged position rather than form or ability, are clutching at straws IMO. Been terrible all year.

Yep. The selection commitee can't magically replace 4 out of 5 starting midfielders out injured

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
Yet we can't 'fit' CCJ in?
Can’t understand the decision not to play CCJ are we going to discard him waste 4 years development and try again in the annual dip picks at years end. If you don’t try you don’t know what you have got.

Reactions: 2 users

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Still no Caddy - his papers are stamped. Pity - really rate him as a third tallish fwd and occasional mid...