Changes V Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Hawks

I'm thinking Banks is keeping the seat warm for Shorty.
Banks will likely go back to the VFL next week.

As you say if Short is fit he will likely make way unless he has a much more impressive outing this week.

3 games is a nice look in for him nonetheless, and a nice shot in the arm to have him back in the VFL with a higher confidence and playing better footy than he was prior to debut.

Reactions: 2 users
Just saw Minnie’s pre selection talk from yesterday.

He is making a very strong case for being retained as senior coach. Right from his appt what 5 weeks ago he has looked calm and in control with plenty of references to what is going on around him and what he can do to help.

Really gives a sense that he not just accepts but embraces that he is part of a team, and that he has complete faith in others to step up, or step back as required.

Have always thought we would go for someone who was moving up and not coming in for a second try. Hard to believe now that if we go on to finish top 6 or better, that it will be any one else.

Reactions: 1 user
Jack graham was bloody invisible AGAIN last week...how he gets the mod over Cumberland as a foward is baffling .
Baffling?

He's a two time premiership player.

Saved our arse with three goals in the 2017 GF. Saved us again in the 2019 prelim.

I'm a big Cumberland fan, but Graham has earned his credits.

He's had a good month, just not flashy. It is not in any way baffling that he's in the side.

Reactions: 7 users
The AFL Lab had Graham best on for their impact ratings against WC

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 1.52.39 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 1.52.39 pm.png
    249.7 KB · Views: 33
Baffling?

He's a two time premiership player.

Saved our arse with three goals in the 2017 GF. Saved us again in the 2019 prelim.

I'm a big Cumberland fan, but Graham has earned his credits.

He's had a good month, just not flashy. It is not in any way baffling that he's in the side.
I agree 4 and 6 years ago he was super..but cumberland was our brightest new foward last year. GRAHAMS Last two years have generally been very average .
.As a fowaed flanker he is wasted .We need a cumberland type who is capable of multiple goals each week .

I agree 4 and 6 years ago he was super..but cumberland was our brightest new foward last year. GRAHAMS Last two years have generally been very average .
.As a fowaed flanker he is wasted .We need a cumberland type who is capable of multiple goals each week .
Cumberland has been poor this year. I think Hardwick set him back a year with his treatment, but Cumbo needs to own his crappy form as well.

I reckon he signed up for a month in the VFL when he went down like he was shot dropping an easy mark, and costing himself a shot on goal, because he tapped his ankle. Which is also a pattern for him.

Graham is reliable, a team player, a two way runner, and a premiership hero, who has been playing his role well.

Don't get me wrong, I reckon Cumbo will earn his way back in soon, and will be a gun in the future.

But this selection is about as baffling as the recipe for a boiled egg.

Cumberland was awrsome today..6 goals
It is still unfathomable how is not in our senior team when we have no fowards capable of multiple goals ,who can read the play and have such x fator as cumberland ...
Im sorry to disagree but Cumbo is way more valuable in our foward zone than graham with pickett and jack not kicking bags of goals
But ...happy to be wrong ...lets sit back and see how today unfolds