Changes V Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Roos

not sure he can play backline with Astbury, Grimes, Broad and Vloss.
He can. We'd be replicating our 2017/18 defence, with Balta instead of Rance. It'd mean one of the smalls either goes out or moves elsewhere, though.

Reactions: 4 users
He can. We'd be replicating our 2017/18 defence, with Balta instead of Rance. It'd mean one of the smalls either goes out or moves elsewhere, though.
Yeah, maybe? I really like Baker in the backline so perhaps Short to the wing? I’d love it if we could turn Balta into the next Kouta though!

Reactions: 1 user
Ross has to come in for Pickett.

im not talking to you for a week.

Out: Rioli, Aarts,

In: (from) Stack, Ross, Dow, Oleg, Naish

we are starting to click, but the fwd line is dtysfunctioning.

got a month to get it right I reckon.

maybe put Dow or Naish on the wing and Caddy forward?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, maybe? I really like Baker in the backline so perhaps Short to the wing? I’d love it if we could turn Balta into the next Kouta though!
I don't mind it as a long term option but think we should stick to having him in the backline at least for this season and preferably next too. Don't want to confuse the poor guy.

Reactions: 1 users
Agree. If anything Grimes and Broad play better as small defenders than our smalls.

Agree. If anything Grimes and Broad play better as small defenders than our smalls.
No question they do. You'd expect Eggs to be first squeezed out, but it becomes interesting if/when Houli returns too.

I dont think its possible to know our ins and outs until we know if Astbury is fit.

If he is, then a good chance Chol could get dropped along with Rioli

Nth has done well against us in the past due to their bigger bodied midfield - so with Cotchin, Prestia, Toby out & that in mind we probably need to account for that - but who? Since Ross lost the weight, is he really giving us that anymore ? is a first gamer in Dow really an answer to that? Probably the game to bring in RCD

The biggest issue with this is that the 2 outs both are meant to add "forward options", while the ins add naught there. I cant really pick the ins and outs this week if i am being honest

Reactions: 2 users
Yep. Can play small forward, wing, defence.
0/3. Can play designated kicking link backman. Has never played wing (gotta win contests), got moved out of the forward line for a reason (zero pressure) and doesn't defend. He plays in the backline. He has one role, and as a critic I'll admit he's doing okay at it, but he's not versatile, he's limited.

Nth has done well against us in the past due to their bigger bodied midfield
True, but it's been Cunnington who kills us and he can't walk. Still, 2019 Jack Ross would be nice to slot in.

What's the consensus on Pickett's hit on Heeney (fine/suspension).
Compared to the Long & Shiel, definitely on the minor end.

Should be fine, but with two other blokes going for bumping, you never know. The ball was gone, which ain't in his favour.

I like the aggression though. He laid someone else out as well.

Hmm, low profile player, from Richmond, doesn’t have the last name Selwood. 1 week But should be nothing.

Should be fine, but with two other blokes going for bumping, you never know. The ball was gone, which ain't in his favour.

I like the aggression though. He laid someone else out as well.
Did he actually get him high or just high up in the chest. I couldn't really tell from the replay.

Pickett was going for the smother. Contact was made as the ball was kicked low and Pickett straightened. Should be nothing in it.

My changes:

Dave and Stacky in. Castagna and Rioli out

Broad Grimes Astbury
Balta Flossy Eggy
Kmac Pickett Caddy
Aarts Stack Baker
Jack Lynch Higgins
Soldo Martin Lambert

Chol Short Bolton Graham

Balta has been very good the last two games. If Astbury comes back this week or even next makes for an interesting discussion Re Balta. Staggered if he is dropped and not sure he can play backline with Astbury, Grimes, Broad and Vloss. Mobile ruck with Chol...drop Soldo? Can he be a Cripps/Bont type as a traditional, non-traditional ruck rover? 3 tall forwards...not if it continues to rain and slippery in humid conditions?
Grimes can play smaller, broad can play smaller or push up the ground. Keep balta right where he is I recon