Changes vs Dees | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Dees

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Older teams get less leeway. If the season is going down the drain, far better to integrate youth that is not yet able to pick up the slack than to continue down the current path.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Sydney Stack will not be playing seniors this week.

He was superman last year and since coming back he is more like Al Bundy.
Have we ever had a kid that showed so much promise and then a year later look like delist material??
Justin Pickering
Jamie Tape
Chris Pym
Justin Plapp

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Stack's still a kid, just turned 20. But you can see in his eyes that the confidence is gone, the swagger is gone.

He's too talented not to bounce back, if he listens to the right people.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Stack's still a kid, just turned 20. But you can see in his eyes that the confidence is gone, the swagger is gone.

He's too talented not to bounce back, if he listens to the right people.

He needs to pull his finger out before its too late.
Ive seen better player's disappear out of the game because of work rate and attitude issues.
And he won't be the last.

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
Out: stack, castagna, caddy, McIntosh
Ins: Naish, Balta, Chol, dow.

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
Out: Castagna
In: Butler
Good call, no doubt Butts was better than just about every Richmond player today. Therein may lie the problem; hunger! He has something to prove and set about doing so and has played three good games. Not only are we off the pace in aggression and run, we are behind and giving away cheap, unnecessary free kicks. I think Buttler's third goal is a case in point - he got it courtesy of an arrogant, stupid push in the back by Grimes after disposal. It was dumb, didn't hurt him just us and any comeback we may have entertained. I think there was 4 similar instances in the match - all resulting in goals.

I fear that we are in the midst of a hangover, other sides are just hungrier than us at the moment. We may get over WCE, but don't like our chances against North the following week. Probably at least 10 different players have been mentioned to be dropped and most can be justified but we need to find the hunger, the drive and dare I say, the humility, we had in past seasons.

Lastly, we shouldn't under-estimate. the lack of contact | connection that the players are experiencing. We are now a club built on culture and connection. I think. that applies to each other and the tiger army! The team may need more of us as well as each other to get their mojo back.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
So based on all that I wouldn't be bringing in guys that have question marks on effort and hardness.
Stack needs a break for sure.
Would go more for the likes of Graham, Aarts, maybe Dow, RCD?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
out: Stack, Kmac, Ross, Lambert, Caddy (the old normal)

in: Mabior, Marlion, Naish, RCD, Performing (the new normal)

deisel engines don't work in a drag race

maybe we'll work out how to soup them up for finals, but for now, 4 points are accumulated through twitch fibre, bold, scoring

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Does it matter?
We’ll be playing the eagles back into form , while Healy and Dwayne try to climax the loudest

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
For starters I'd bring in 2 of either Balta, CCJ and Chol, my preference would be Balta and CCJ.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
More height with speed around the ground so out Caddy Stack & KMac . In Chol Balta & Coleman -Jones. Dusty if he is out in Rioli.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Out: plenty to choose from.
In: a second ruck.
The smiling and laughing wasn’t there this week, and to me that was a good sign. It’s hit home to them that they are seriously out of form and need to get serious again. Can’t see a win the near future, though. Maybe pick up a few mid season, but it will be too late to salvage a short season.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Out: plenty to choose from.
In: a second ruck.
The smiling and laughing wasn’t there this week, and to me that was a good sign. It’s hit home to them that they are seriously out of form and need to get serious again. Can’t see a win the near future, though. Maybe pick up a few mid season, but it will be too late to salvage a short season.
Totally agree on proper second ruck & it shouldn’t be Balta either. He can come in to play back & perhaps release Broad to play wing.