Changes vs Port Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Port Adelaide

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Is Judson the sub?
Hope he plays.

I think as an emergency he stayed in Melbourne, probably doesn't get a game at all this week unfortunately.

Looking at the profile of our team tomorrow, you look at the age and average games and it doesn't look too disimilar to Ports, we are 26.1 years to their 26.3 and we have 99.6 to 102.6 games, but this misses that we have 7 players playing tomorrow with under 20 games each, and of those 4 of them have less than 4 games each (Campbell has 3, then Tresize and Brown with 1 and Lefau on debut).

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Nothing surer than after Port kick the first 5 goals Balta will be sent back.
The backline as it lines up is going to get killed. Far too small. Kosi just had to come in to play CHB.
Miller is taller and heavier than Balta and as quick if someone switches him on. The problem is will somebody switch him on

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Bourke30JC33

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
Seems to be a trend this year, (there is a new trend each year), of having a small forward running out the back, eg, Higgins at St Kilda.
Would like to see Lefau split the packs.
We need to use the space effectively, have Lynch & Lefau run in separate directions.
The match-winning stanza for the Saints, four goals in 8 minutes, they bombed the ball in fast before the Pies' defence could settle.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
I'm actually interested to see our midfield set up today with 2 of our slower midfielders missing.

Will yze give a few more quicker players a run through there?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'm actually interested to see our midfield set up today with 2 of our slower midfielders missing.

Will yze give a few more quicker players a run through there?
Really good point.
I watched Sydney last night and they were lightning quick without their historical bulky inside mids.
The game is changing fast.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Out of the 8 named, reckon 1 will definitely play VFL and 2 will sit in the stands myself. Potentially 1 of the 2 could play a half interstate and fly back but doubt it somehow. Emergencies obviously need to be fresh in case of a late change.
You don't need two fresh emergencies on top of the sub, though. If that happens, the excrement has well and truly belted the turbine.
We took 2 emergencies plus the sub to Gold Coast for Rd 0
I'm not saying I told you so, DA, but Juddy the only emergency who stayed home.

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Really good point.
I watched Sydney last night and they were lightning quick without their historical bulky inside mids.
The game is changing fast.
They're elite by foot, can make a side look faster than they actually may be (not to say they're slow). When Adams and Parker return it will slow them down somewhat.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I'm not saying I told you so, DA, but Juddy the only emergency who stayed home.
So who do we want to be a late injury?
MRJr? (But I hope he gets some proper midfield time today.)
Mansell? I would like to see him get another run.
KMac? Might leave us exposed for running power.