Changes vs Port Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Port Adelaide

The outs far outweigh the ins. Not a strong side.

Geez we've been cursed with injury since the 2020 flag.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, we in play the kids mode. How good.

Banks, Brown and Trezise. LFG opportunity is knocking.

Disappointed no Juddy.
This is good KIDS playing rest up Grimes for the year also .
Young team now !

Round 2, Richmond v Port Adelaide, Sunday, March 24, 4.00pm AEDT, MCG
In:
Tom Brown, James Trezise, Sam Banks, Mykelti Lefau, Ben Miller
Out: Dion Prestia (injured), Josh Gibcus (injured), Jacob Hopper (injured), Nathan Broad (injured), Tylar Young (concussion)

New: Mykleti Lefau

BacksDylan Grimes2Ben Miller46Nick Vlastuin1
Half-BacksJayden Short15James Trezise36Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Tim Taranto14Marlion Pickett50
Half-ForwardsSeth Campbell44Shai Bolton29Rhyan Mansell31
ForwardsNoah Balta21Dustin Martin4Tom Lynch19
FollowersToby Nankervis25Thomson Dow27Liam Baker7
Interchange:Tom Brown30Jack Ross5Sam Banks41
Maurice Rioli10Mykelti Lefau42
Emergencies:Samson Ryan32Judson Clarke23Hugo Ralphsmith13

I’m pumped to see how Trezise goes again.
Reckon the kid has a big future.
Grimes like

Reactions: 4 users
That looks right. Look forward to how the kids go but geez it's going to be tough. I have zero expectations of a win.
Don't forget the R24 game against them in SA last season. With Brown and Trezise debuting, I thought we'd get done but in fact we played well in a close game and just lost by 5 goals in the end.

Due to injuries, we have been forced to make several changes and add in some of the youngsters which is great.

Sam Banks, gets dropped for his poor performance in RD 0. Let him work on his deficiencies and dominate the ressies before being recalled so quickly. Clarke was one of our best last week in the ressies.

Same as Mansell straight in RD 1 has an average game ,misses a doozie and retains his place in the starting 18.

Don't forget the R24 game against them in SA last season. With Brown and Trezise debuting, I thought we'd get done but in fact we played well in a close game and just lost by 5 goals in the end.
They were a bit in cruise control that day. Changes from that side:
In: Lynch LeFau Miller KMac Campbell
Out: Young Hopper Soldo Graham Broad

Reactions: 1 users
Five forced outs thru injury is a lot. If honest though through sheer poor form you could drop another 5. Most of the replacements would be better fits imho.

The injured

Hopper a big bodied inside mid. We have one who fits the bill and he has had a very good preseaon in McAuliffe. You could hardly get more like for like. McAuliffe is quicker and is a better tackler and looks a beast.

Prestia we all know what he brings at his best, our trouble is we don't have a like for like replacement. We do have a terrier in Baker. Throw him into the role. As far as i can see Liam has been playing a lot fwd so bring in a genuine fwd to play that role. Clarke atm is obvious coming off good practise form.

Young, Gibcus, Broad. I ask myself how do we replace each player.
Young KPD whose main role is to stop his opponent hence miller with his size and back ground makes sense.

Gibcus. With so much height being lost and no replacement available then it has to be Balta for now to the backline. Once again it is like for like with a simple positional change.

We have three options to play someone forward in Balta's place.
It could be a ruckman but im against playing ruckmen purely as key forwards. I am not averse to playing a second ruck resting fwd to help alleviate the problem.
We could play a badly out of touch Koschitzke which i am also against. That leaves Mykelti Lefau a very mobile tall fwd and we take a bit of pressure off him and Lynch by playing Nankervis or Naismith fwd as well.

That leaves Broad and i think the closest thing we have to him is Brown and it is way past time we started getting games into some of the kids we have.
Others who could easily be dropped McIntosh, Mansell, MRJ, Dow . In fact i was hoping none would get a game this week.

Don't be surprised if Lefau is penalised for a knock-on from one of the flogs...

Their changes from R24:
In: Dixon Marshall Ratugolea Zerk-Thatcher Soldo Mead Burgoyne
Out: Lord Hayes Horne-Francis Duursma Jonas McEntee Powell-Pepper