Changes vs Port Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Port Adelaide

you would have enjoyed Grimes stomping Curnows face?
Stomping tut tut this was a footy action that was clearly accidental. How about tripping over .. and a free to Grimes, that should have been paid!

Reactions: 1 user
In Scoring more than two goals per quarter
out not finding a way to kick more goals each quarter (so far 5 quarters for 6 goals)

We need to keep the Balta forward/ruck experiment going forward. So who covers Gibcus and Young.

Miller is the obvious replacement for Young.

I would bring Brown in to cover Gibcus and push Broad to be a more negating defender.

Sonsie & Mcauliffe for me is a no brainer. Both to rotate between half forward and midfield.

The other is Coulthard. He must come into consideration for MRJ.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
We need to keep the Balta forward/ruck experiment going forward. So who covers Gibcus and Young.

I would bring Brown in to cover Gibcus and push Broad to be a more negating defender.

Sonsie & Mcauliffe for me is a no brainer. Both to rotate between half forward and midfield.

Agree on Balta, and Brown- with Grimes/Broad playing taller. Risky but worth a try, especially as we dont have another key tall playing down back in the VFL. Kosi can play FB in the VFL next week.

In: Miller, Brown, McA4Life & Clarke
Out: Young, Gibcus, Prestia, MRJn or Mansell.

Reactions: 4 users
Agree on Balta, and Brown- with Grimes/Broad playing taller. Risky but worth a try, especially as we dont have another key tall playing down back in the VFL. Kosi can play FB in the VFL next week.

Would only have enforced outs. Aside from Bolton I don't think anyone else really let themselves down.
Out: Young, Gibbo, Dion
IN: Miller, Kosi, McAuliffe
We need to get some height in the backline and to support Balta/Nank at around the ground ruck contests. Would consider Judson as a small forward and move Baker into the middle if Kane Mc not ready.

Would only have enforced outs. Aside from Bolton I don't think anyone else really let themselves down.
Out: Young, Gibbo, Dion
IN: Miller, Kosi, McAuliffe
We need to get some height in the backline and to support Balta/Nank at around the ground ruck contests. Would consider Judson as a small forward and move Baker into the middle if Kane Mc not ready.
Reply to myself...if Sonsie is available I would go with him ahead of McAuliffe

Reactions: 2 users
We need some high half forward / transition mids that can join the midfield rotation and apply pressure and be dangerous up forward. Lambert and Edwards types. I'd like to see Yze try DRioli and Sonsie in these roles. People have mentioned Clarke, but I'm not sure about his midfield capabilities.

Out Young, Gibcus, Prestia, MJ, Mansell Dow
In Miller, McAuliffe, Sonsie, Cumberland, Trezise Kosi

Vlastuin....Miller....Grimes
Baker........Broad.....Short
Pickett.....Taranto....McIntosh
Sonsie.......Balta.......DRioli
Campbell....Lynch....Dusty
Nank........Hopper.....Bolton
Trezise....McAuliffe.....Kosi.....Cumberland.....Ross

Reactions: 2 users
Port have Charlie Masculine Nose and Shoulders Marshall as their tall forwards. Miller suited to Shoulders. Kosi the only option for Masculine Nose unless Yeezy loses his nerve and moves Noah back (he won't.)

Crisitunity. We recruited Kosi ostensibly as a forward but he was only ever going to make it as a back. Remember when we told Houli he'd get to be a midfielder with us? How did that never happening work out for him? Pretty well?

B: Grimes Kosi Vlastuin
HB: Rioli Miller Baker
C: KMac Hopper Short
HF: Juddy Balta Shai
F: Dusty Lynch Seth
R: Nank Taranto Marlion
I: Broad Dow Sonsie Coulthard MC FKN-A

In: Kosi Miller Sonz Coulthard Juddy MC FKN-A
Out: Young Dion Gibbo Ross Mansell MoJu

Too much disruption to the backline already to find a spot for Brown or Trezise yet. Dow I think just did enough to get another week or two before we Capuano him. (I'm ok if we do it now.)

Reactions: 1 users

I just wonder if Port Ad is the best fit for Brown? My preference is to have a backline Broad Miller and retain Grimes who gave everything against Carlton and have McIntosh who also did well, (I have to admit) relieving down back.

Lefau as César recently described, to offer some further ‘disruption’, by running in at breakneck speed from every angle, to contest after contest. Ouch!

Agree on Balta, and Brown- with Grimes/Broad playing taller. Risky but worth a try, especially as we dont have another key tall playing down back in the VFL.
Grimes (193cm) v Dixon (200cm), Broad (192cm) v Marshall (200cm), & Brown ("193cm") v Finlayson (197cm)? Yeah nah the height variance is terrifying.

Broad Grimes Miller
Short Vlastuin Baker
McIntosh Taranto Pickett
Bolton Balta DRioli
Martin Lynch Campbell

Nankervis Hopper Dow

IC Ross, Cumbo, LeFau if injured Kosi , Trezise, Brown
Em McAuliffe Clarke Coulthard

Sounds like a plan! Nothing drastic, just filling in for injuries and putting some creativity in the middle

Grimes (193cm) v Dixon (200cm), Broad (192cm) v Marshall (200cm), & Brown ("193cm") v Finlayson (197cm)? Yeah nah the height variance is terrifying.

Clearly Miller is in the backline mix.

Ins: Brown, Miller, Clarke, McAuliffe
Outs: Prestia (inj), Gibcus (inj), Young (inj), Mansell (omitted)

*Look forward to when Trezise gets his chance again.

Yze isnt done with the Balta / Tom duopoly up forward.

Miller /Kos will rlikely eplace Youmg and Gibbus for structure.

Alos will depend on whether Yze chooses to use Grimes and Broad and Vlas to rotate around on Marshall and whatever 3rd option they might put down there.

Last edited:
In - Miller, Trezise, Kosi, Clarke, Brown

Out - Gibcus, Prestia, Young, MRJ, Mansell

Rioli to play forward midfield.
Trezise to play HB

All I can say after Soldo's performance today do we have the troops to counter what is a very strong team in Port?