Changes vs Port Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Port Adelaide

*Look forward to when Trezise gets his chance again.
Trezise in all likelihood wont play whilst Grimes Vlas and Broad are in the side.

He will likely be the replace ment for any of those guys if they are not in the side for whatever reason.

Reactions: 3 users
Why?
You want Nank to spend half the game on the bench? and take Balta away from spending any time rucking?

Naismith is no chance to come in.
Correct. Soldo is their main and only ruck.

Got to get them with speed.

Reactions: 1 users
Trezise in all likelihood wont play whilst Grimes Vlas and Broad are in the side.

He will likely be the replace ment for any of those guys if they are not in the side for whatever reason.

I think we are a bit stuck for this week. We've only really got 1 tall to bring in (Miller) but we have 2 to replace. I think Tresize may well come in and we will need 1 of Broad or grimes to play taller.

Yeah, fair call. Could get games in place of Grimes when opportunities arise.
Also, wouldn't mind even seeing him play on the wing. We need to start looking at who's most likely to replace Pickett and Macca. Not even sure about Banks as he needs to grow a pair.

Last edited:
Why?
You want Nank to spend half the game on the bench? and take Balta away from spending any time rucking?

Naismith is no chance to come in.

Naismith is only a chance if we decide to send Balta back, then its either he or Kosi that likely come in and play that ruck / forward role. I think its more likely we will try and keep our forward structure and stick the bandaid over the defence until Young can come back in.

I think we are a bit stuck for this week. We've only really got 1 tall to bring in (Miller) but we have 2 to replace. I think Tresize may well come in and we will need 1 of Broad or grimes to play taller.
Gibcus wasnt playing a marking tall. That was Young and Grimes.

I expect Miller to come in to replace Young and Brown to replace Gibcus.

Reactions: 10 users
Iā€™m fearing a 10 goal loss, and Iā€™m a Tiger optimist. Their speed and class looks overwhelming compared to the side we can field. Rozzee and Butters could set PBs

Need more physical muscle last defence line so who has got it. ?. Gibcus Young not that type & with them out who have we got to step up to the plate. Miller has never really stepped up to the plate in that slot but will most probably get a nod. Now the other one. Kosi just does not physical type so I would not give him the nod. Time to look out side the box to match The Texan. What about KMac ? I know he is tops on the wing but maybe he has the attributes to thwart The Texan.

Iā€™m fearing a 10 goal loss, and Iā€™m a Tiger optimist. Their speed and class looks overwhelming compared to the side we can field. Rozzee and Butters could set PBs

Geez that's what we heard about playing Carlton and we just lost by 5 points (should've beaten them) even with 3 down and umps riding carlton home.
We'll be a far different proposition to port than the eagles on our home deck.

Reactions: 8 users
We can always use the swingman Balta and Miller as our 2 talls in the backline
Lefau into the side as the 2nd tall can also provide relief ruck for Nank

• Love
Need more physical muscle last defence line so who has got it. ?. Gibcus Young not that type & with them out who have we got to step up to the plate. Miller has never really stepped up to the plate in that slot but will most probably get a nod. Now the other one. Kosi just does not physical type so I would not give him the nod. Time to look out side the box to match The Texan. What about KMac ? I know he is tops on the wing but maybe he has the attributes to thwart The Texan.

You realise we are playing Port not the Crows right?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Trezise is better than half our current team and can play multiple positions.

Reactions: 3 users
Clearly Miller is in the backline mix.

He has to be, will add to his 25 AFL games in 7 years o_O, talls certainly get a lot of leeway before being put on the scrap heap.

How many "it's Miller time" has this guy got left?, for all our sake it better be now.

Reactions: 8 users
He has to be, will add to his 25 AFL games in 7 years o_O, talls certainly get a lot of leeway before being put on the scrap heap.

How many "it's Miller time" has this guy got left?, for all our sake it better be now.

This is his time to put up or shut up. If he doesn't make a good fist of this, then he will be gone at seasons end IMO. He has a great chance of cementing a spot in our best 22, for the 1st time in his career he is probably going to play in his best position and with a spot in the team there for the foreseable future. Pretty much every time he's come in before he's been a stop gap for a few games and then back out again. With Gibcus out for the season and Balta playing forward, if he performs he has a spot there for the season.

Reactions: 6 users