Charity Sheild Cup | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Charity Sheild Cup

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Richmond and Collingwood want to play every February for a charity.
Similar to the premier league.
Where the champions play the FA cup winners.

Maybe the premier plays the previous year premier.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
it's just an promotional event for the club .great for the sponsors and media exposure for the club .thats it .smoke and mirrors

unsure if we have to get into bed with the scrum .............lay with dogs you get fleas

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Just got my tickets.
We will be wearing our away kit.
premier league football GIF by Arsenal

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Benny says we and the Skunks are closest neighbours, cut from the same cloth in ancient times and are divided by a street.

Which street is this? Sounds like the Gaza strip....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Benny says we and the Skunks are closest neighbours, cut from the same cloth in ancient times and are divided by a street.

Which street is this? Sounds like the Gaza strip....

Victoria Street divides Richmond from Abbotsford.

Victoria Parade divides East Melbourne from Collingwood.

Abbotsford would likely have been a cross over between Collingwood and Richmond diehards whilst Clifton Hill would likely be more commonly shared by Collingwood and Fitzroy fans back in the day when the burbs were quite tribal

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Abbotsford would likely have been a cross over between Collingwood and Richmond diehards whilst Clifton Hill would likely be more commonly shared by Collingwood and Fitzroy fans back in the day when the burbs were quite tribal
They have occupied that area in Swan St. We were there first!! It's Richmond land. It's WAR!!!! Kill those skunks!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Totally, Jack Dyer used to always talk about never crossing to the wrong side of Victoria St.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

My Dad grew up in clifton hill.
Very much a mix of Richmond supporters and Collingwood Nutters

• Haha

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
By the way this game is to support Foodbank which is an awesome charity. I wish it wasn’t so necessary but its operations have exploded in recent years.

Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
The stats in the press release article on the RFC app had some stunning facts - ‘food bank feeds 57,000 victorians’ and later ‘in 628,000 homes around Victoria, people are going days without eating’. Extraordinary. Do we still say ‘a fair go for all’?. I haven’t heard or felt it for a long time now.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Puntrd64

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
The stats in the press release article on the RFC app had some stunning stats- ‘food bank feeds 57,000 victorians’ and later ‘in 628,000 homes around Victoria, people are going days without eating’. Extraordinary. Do we still say ‘a fair go for all’?. I haven’t heard or felt it for a long time now.
These people certainly couldn't afford to go to the football and buy a pie or chips or a beer

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The stats in the press release article on the RFC app had some stunning facts - ‘food bank feeds 57,000 victorians’ and later ‘in 628,000 homes around Victoria, people are going days without eating’. Extraordinary. Do we still say ‘a fair go for all’?. I haven’t heard or felt it for a long time now.
Those are revolution line numbers. These numbers look a bit more feasible if maybe light, fb:

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Those are revolution line numbers. These numbers look a bit more feasible if maybe light, fb:

Yeh I was shocked. The 628,000 homes would have to equal at least 1.5 mil I would think. That’s huge, more than the entire population of the NT by a long shot. Interesting stats in your shared report about young people and people under 44 being most at risk. Unfortunately the revolution is far off and more likely to be triggered by a ban on buying giant 4wd’s :(

• Haha