Connors | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Connors

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
Has accepted a week for his elbow on the weekend I read on the Coburg threads what are the thoughts on him being picked for the Tigers the week after?

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong
Re: Conners

It'd be nice for him to get a game in the seniors however I would also like him to see some success if Coburg reach the finals.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com

I would like to see this guy get a run before seasons end. If the discipline issues raised are true this might just give him a taste of what is required and just how hard he has to work over the summer to make it at the elite level.

Give him a taste and if he is hungry enough it might inspire him to put in the hard yards necessary over the summer months.

He certainly sounds like the type of player we need fully fit and rearing to go next year.

BBC

Here comes the hairdryer.
Feb 16, 2005
Melbourne

He played really well on the weekend. He was a class above anyone else on the ground in the wet conditions.

I would hope we give him a taste of the game later in the year so that he knows what to strive for over pre-season.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au

Reminds me of Heath Shaw - similar height, build, penetrating kicks, etc. Hopefully he turns out to be as good if not better.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

There is no doubt in my mind that he will play seniors before years end. Hope he smashes a few there too.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion

At last year's draft preview Greg or Frank said they'd interviewed one junior five times as they couldn't quite get a read on the player's attitude. Given the alleged disciplinary actions taken against Conners I wonder if he was the player they had difficulty assessing.

pokey

Coffee never tasted so good
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
betterlifecoachingblog.com

I just hope that he pulls his head in enough to get the most out of his talent.

I watched the game on Saturday and he does look like a beauty. He has an amazing reach and nice skills.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Inspector said:
Hope that's not right I would have thought if he is playing good footy then should get a game.

But if the reports on him staying out all night drunk and missing training are true then the club has to do something.

tassiedave

Wingman of the future!
Aug 5, 2003

Watched the game Saturday afternoon, Connors looked a real goer. Hartigan also had a good game.

tigachick36

helloooo tiger
Aug 30, 2004

tassiedave said:
Watched the game Saturday afternoon, Connors looked a real goer. Hartigan also had a good game.

hartigan is gone if he doesnt prove himself in the seniors this year.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com

tigachick36 said:
tassiedave said:

hartigan is gone if he doesnt prove himself in the seniors this year.

Time is rapidly running out for Harts I'm afraid. Hope he gets a chance to show what he's got to offer.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

I reckon Hartigan will get another chance next year. He’s been plagued by injury right from the pre-season onwards. When he has played at Coburg, he’s gone well, only to have injury drag him back down again.

Has his faults, but not our worst player.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Redford said:
I reckon Hartigan will get another chance next year. He’s been plagued by injury right from the pre-season onwards. When he has played at Coburg, he’s gone well, only to have injury drag him back down again.

Has his faults, but not our worst player.

I hope he does, I have a lot of time for him.

Just needs a bit of luck.

Harts and Connors have the attitude and desire we lack around the packs.

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006

Hartigan should go - 4 years and still doesnt put his head over the ball. I reckon 4 years is enough for any young player if they cant reach the standard required