Christmas Holidays | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Christmas Holidays

WJP

Tiger Rookie
Jul 28, 2003
VIC
Just wondering with the holiday season coming up if anybody was going away or if they had to work like my poor old wife who hasn't had time off during this time of year in all her working life(15 years). I will be stuck at home so i will probably be posting a fair bit,and on xmas day the inlaws are coming over ::) .It will be interesting to see what other posters will be doing :)
P.S. hope you have a more interesting time than me

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
I am off to Tassie for four days ;D

I feel for your wife never having time off does she have to work xmas day? , I have been in that boat myself a couple of times having to work on xmas day, very annoying.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Oh sounds lovely swarm. We are going to Evans Head from Boxing Day for 9 days. My brother is coming up from melbourne the week before Christmas and is spending Christmas Day with us which will be great as we don't have any family up here and normally have an "orphans" Christmas.

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
swarm said:
Taking the family for 5 weeks to Scotland to try and show the kids a white Xmas

Gee- Hope you're gunna send your PRE brethren a few snapshots swarm :)

An overseas trip for some of us is heading to an island in a lake in a certain capital city.... ;)

JPM

Will Richmond ever be the one?
Sep 3, 2003
East Melbourne
i live in Sydney but my wife and i are driving back home to Melbourne on Dec 20, and drive back up here on Jan 5. Can't wait 8)

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
5 days (?) at the Boxing Day test, then 3 weeks long service leave in Tassie in February. I have even 'negotiated' 2 designated 'fishing days'. I have done well - feeling very smug.
Any 'Tassie tiger trouters' out there to point me to the 'hot-spots' ?

WJP

Tiger Rookie
Jul 28, 2003
VIC
Tiggytam said:
I am off to Tassie for four days ;D

I feel for your wife never having time off does she have to work xmas day? , I have been in that boat myself a couple of times having to work on xmas day, very annoying.
No luckily she hasn't had to work xmas day but a lot of times on new years and boxing days :(

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
A mixed bag really. I don't like venturing too far away in fire season.

Rellos coming for a few days over Chrissie. :mad: ;D

Boxing day test, though day one will see me out. Too hot.

Want to see the new Lord Of The Rings movie.

Probably spend a week or so camping in the Alpine National Park and do a bit of fishing and walking and reading and relaxing.

I'm not that into planning things at the best of times so will take it as it comes. :)

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
going to qld on boxing day for 10 days (yay! heat!) then come back for a few weeks then am going up to sydeny for the australia day weekend.

Next week involes parties parties and more parties ;D..... its going to be great, party thurs night, christina aguliera concert fri night then party saturday night. ;D