Philippoussis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Philippoussis

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
I totally agree tigerman, hopefully this fantastic win will get everybody off his back now about his committment to Davis Cup tennis.

I was there again today and it was a great atmosphere, the fanatics and the crowd support for Scud was enormous. The Spanish fans were trying to put him off his game by cheering loudly his mistakes and making a lot of noise between 1st and 2nd serves, but he was just too focused to let it bother him. I admit I was a bit worried about his fitness during the 4th set as he looked to be suffering more than Ferrero, but to his credit he was just amazing in that final set. I had tears in my eyes when it was over, it was such an emotional win. I was at the losing 2001 final against France as well, and winning is just sooo much better. It certainly was for Wayne Arthurs after his tragic finish in 2001, I dont think he will stop smiling for quite some time.

If anyone is interested there are some good articles and pics at the Davis Cup site. http://www.daviscup.com/

There is also a civic reception for the team at Federation Square in Melbourne tomorrow - I think it is at 12pm