Closest to the pin. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Closest to the pin.

Week Three changes, following the sim:

In Koschitzkie.
Out Lefau, maybe to be promoted to the main list but by a whisker. (Love to see it, but it would now be a Pickett like selection to pick him above Kosy for Gold Coast).

B Miller Young Vlastuin
HB Short Broad Trezise
C Pickett Dow McAuliffe
HF Cumberland Bolton Hopper
F Graham Balta Koschitzkie
R Nankervis Martin Taranto
I/C Baker Gibcus Naismith and Rioli D
Sub Mansell
TBC Bauer, Colier, Grimes, Lynch, Prestia and Sonsie.

You still think after the practise game that Tresize, McAuliffe and Cumbo will start the season in the Best 22?? BTW who is Colier on your TBC list?

B: Gibcus Young Vlastuin
HB: D.Rioli Broad Short
C: McIntosh Hopper Pickett
HF: Bolton Martin Baker
F: Koschitzke Balta Green
FOLL: Nankervis, Taranto, Dow
INTER: Prestia, Graham, Brown, Naismith
SUB: Campbell

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
B: Broad Young Gibcus
HB: Rioli Vlastuin Short
C: Pickett Martin Ross
HF: Prestia Baker Graham
F: Bolton Balta Kosi
R: Nank Taranto Hopper
I: Dow Brown Green Mansell KMac

Reactions: 3 users
Week Three changes, following the sim:

In Koschitzkie.
Out Lefau, maybe to be promoted to the main list but by a whisker. (Love to see it, but it would now be a Pickett like selection to pick him above Kosy for Gold Coast).

B Miller Young Vlastuin
HB Short Broad Trezise
C Pickett Dow McAuliffe
HF Cumberland Bolton Hopper
F Graham Balta Koschitzkie
R Nankervis Martin Taranto
I/C Baker Gibcus Naismith and Rioli D
Sub Mansell
TBC Bauer, Colier, Grimes, Lynch, Prestia and Sonsie.
How is Cumberland in your team ? he was terrible against VFL oppo

How is Cumberland in your team ? he was terrible against VFL oppo
I didn’t think so but I’d have him in not just because of his game today, but for what he is.
It goes back to games late in 22.
He is quick and a beautiful kick and for the most part he competes hard.
I think that like Balta, Gibcus, Trezise, Sonsie and Young,- Cumberland is a young player worth persevering with, come what may.

B: Broad Young Gibcus
HB: Rioli Vlastuin Short
C: Pickett Martin Ross
HF: Prestia Baker Graham
F: Bolton Balta Kosi
R: Nank Taranto Hopper
I: Dow Brown Green Mansell KMac
With one trial game to go, that 23 looks pretty right to me spook.
Really want to pick Naismith but I can't see how he fits in. Balta & Kosi to share the ruck duties.

Reactions: 1 users
Really want to pick Naismith but I can't see how he fits in. Balta & Kosi to share the ruck duties.
It’s actually a very nice team on paper. The media is keen to put a line through a team post successful era.. but fact is a lot of this team’s current elite/better players are coming into their prime age - Taranto, Hopper, Balta, Bolton, Short, Baker, Rioli, Graham all in their mid 20s. This is why they went out and got TT and JH to fill this age bracket.

The club also went out and drafted 5 kids in 2021 after their flag instead of topping up - all 5 look likely and help their bottom line. If a couple of the old timers can have good seasons, along with one or two surprise packets (Kozi, Green etc), then this side has enough class and weapons to do damage.

Reactions: 3 users
I didn’t think so but I’d have him in not just because of his game today, but for what he is.
I think that like Balta, Gibcus, Trezise, Sonsie and Young,- Cumberland is a young player worth persevering with, come what may.
Sorry, I disagree on almost all counts

Young ?, he is 23 in 3 weeks & has been in elite systems for what 10 years - brisbane academy then ours since 2019

Quick, mmm in short bursts maybe

Beautiful kick ? Jury is out on that for sure 27.21 in his 19 AFL games, 52.25 in 25 VFL games is better

competes hard ???, when not feigning injury maybe

I want him to succeed but he needs to work a lot harder that what he does, hence where & when he played yesterday

Sorry, I disagree on almost all counts

Young ?, he is 23 in 3 weeks & has been in elite systems for what 10 years - brisbane academy then ours since 2019

Quick, mmm in short bursts maybe

Beautiful kick ? Jury is out on that for sure 27.21 in his 19 AFL games, 52.25 in 25 VFL games is better

competes hard ???, when not feigning injury maybe

I want him to succeed but he needs to work a lot harder that what he does, hence where & when he played yesterday
No need to apologise. He didn't get along with Hardwick. I can see how OOZE may do a little better with him.
Lets wait and see.

No need to apologise. He didn't get along with Hardwick. I can see how OOZE may do a little better with him.
Lets wait and see.
there is absoulurtly no basis to Dimma not liking him.

He didnt play him because he didnt follow instruction & had zero defensive efforts.

He didnt play him because he didnt follow instruction & had zero defensive efforts.

and the defensive efforts were still on show yesterday unfortunately.

When you have a forward line of 2 talls, a resting mid, a dynamic fwd mid (Bolton) and 2 other smalls which is how I expect us to line up, he doesn't fit into the 1st 4 so he's competing with the smalls, and that means he needs to pressure.

When you have a pressure forward that doesn't kick goals, it raises whether we'd be better with someone who does but doesn't have the same defensive intent, but being as both Green and Campbell showed the defensive intent and scored goals, they've upped the game and he didn't show that he wanted to perform those defensive acts any more than he did last year.

I don’t know whether Dimma liked him or not but he spoke publicly about him putting down his efforts in a manner rarely seen.

But it doesn't matter whether he liked him or not. I’d play him against Collingwood and expect him to travel to the GC.
Won’t play if Prestia is selected but otherwise and depending on his game against Collingwood, I think he will.

Why Jack Graham ? Very poor 2 years and did nothing yesterday..Can we finally learn he is not a foward and there os half a dozen ahead of him as midfeildes

With Mansell now out it opens the door for Seth Campbell.

If Sonsie wasn’t injured he would be a lock for that half forward position.

Id have cumberland in the foward line before graham

Watching sundays game and mj and graham are just doing nothing whatsovsr ,poor 2023 seasons to .
Graham is getting very hard to see why he should be picked .

Why Jack Graham ? Very poor 2 years and did nothing yesterday..Can we finally learn he is not a foward and there os half a dozen ahead of him as midfeildes
Not sure if this was addressed to me. In any event beginning to agree. He was a Dimma favourite. Those days are gone.