Club Awards for 2003 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Club Awards for 2003

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
2003 Awards:

Most Improved:
C. Newman
Appologies T.Zantuck, but this is for improvement and i thought he was very good last year.

Best Kept Secret Award:
Richmond Game plan. Nobody in the media could figure the game plan, so we showed them our Whiteboard. They were still none the wiser.

How To Win Friends And Influence People Award:
Greg Miller for taking the clause out of Danny's contract - Good one Greg!!

Best Player:
Mark Coghlan

Best Individual Performance:
Martin MaGrath 5 goals on debut from little more than 60 minutes game time.

Flop of the Year:
Kayne Pettifer

The Wyatt Earp Award:
Danny Frawley for his bullet dodging ability. He looks like a big target to me, keeps setting himself up with stupid comments to the media - yet never cops it in the neck!

Most Improved Side:
Richmond (these awards are for Richmond only)

Most Disappointing Side:
Richmond (read above, but would have got it had award applied to anywhere south of Santa clause's place.

The Hard to Find Shoes that Fit Award:
Matthew Richardson who seems to have 2 left feet.

Football Accessory of the Year award:
The phone in the visiting coaches box in AAMI Stadium. Frawley forgot to read the manual, so ran the messages by foot. (who else was hoping he'd knacker himself when hurdling the fence?)

Days of our Lives Soap Opera Award :
G.Miller and the Leaked Memo saga, which despite the efforts of MI5 and the CIA fizzled out to an embarrassing nothing.

Lord Laurence Olivia Award:
Houlihan for his "i saw a tunnel of light" dying act round 22 last qtr. Apparently he though someone might have made contact to his calf during a marking competition.

Once were Warriors Award:
D.Kellaway and Matty Rogers, because once they were! Hoping that next year Duncs can ressurect.

The Silly Goose Award:
Wayne Campbell who did the Goose Step against Geelong to celebrate a goal, and promptly ended his season in the process. It could only happen at richmond.

Trent Nathan Award (best dressed)
Kayne Pettifer who couldn't manage to get muddy during the Freo game in the wet.

Up In Lights Award:
Kayne Pettifer - same game, for using the big screen to check his bottom to make sure no mud had flicked up on it when he ran for the oranges at 3 qtr time.

Interchange Player of the Year Award:
Tie b/t J.Schulz who will remember his first game for ever....and Marty MaGrath who after kicking 5 on debut was never allowed on the ground for long enough to do a repeat performance.

Crucifixion Award:
Matty Richardson who cops it week in week out. He could walk off the field with 25 kicks, 20marks and 10 handballs and he'd get called a dud.

The Ghost Award:
Greg Stafford who turned white when he thought that sheila had followed him onto the ground again. He re-composed himself when he realised it was only Kayne Pettifer.

"A" for Effort Award:
Royce Vardy who rucked all night against W.C. because of injuries. Was quite servicable for a half before fatigue began to dull his efforts.

Martyr of the Year Award:
Rory Hilton who missed multiple games after AGAIN backing into a freight train and getting smashed.

The Built Like Benny Hill Award:
Billy Nicholls

Runs Like Benny Hill Award:
Billy Nicholls (run Forrest - run!)

The Lazarus Award:
Brad Ottens who was 10 weeks off playing, but suddenly resurrected in a week and showed no ill effects from back surgery.

The What The... Award:
Marty McGrath! The ball came in, the pack formed - then something flashed past. I think it was him!

The Stuart Driver Award:
Matty Richardson v Hawthorn. Buried under a pack of opponents all over his back and head. The umpire calls for a bounce and out pops a head and an arm giving the finger. Don't think the ump needed to see much more to get the message.

The Who's Counting Award:
Brad Ottens pre-season garden accident. From what i hear, he was counting and although the total only came to 2 - re-counted 4 times just to make sure everything was indeed in tact.

Cop That Award:
Tim Fleming. No explanation required.

Abbott & Costello Comedy Routine Memorial Award:
Any of Danny Frawley's post game press interviews which were as funny as the "Who's on first" sketch for all but Richmond Supporters.

Bagdad Bob Award:
Danny Frawley - the enemy troops are marching past the window, bombs falling on your capital city - corpses two foot deep littering the streets, but Bagdad Bob assures us that they are creaming the allies! I know who Spudly was listening too pre-season!

Sexiest Player Award:
Mark Coughlan (my niece's awarded this one and then promptly started punching up over him again)

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
TigersGoddess said:
Absolute classic frickenel my fave was the ghost award
roll.gif
Oh and tell your nieces they have excellent taste ;)

I would tell them TG, but i don't think i could put up with the doey eyes and the ohhh, aaaah sounds at the mere mention of Cog's name - not to mention the risk of starting another bung fight b/t them!!

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
frickenel said:
2003 Awards:
Crucifixion Award:
Matty Richardson who cops it week in week out. He could walk off the field with 25 kicks, 20marks and 10 handballs and he'd get called a dud.

Sexiest Player Award:
Mark Coughlan (my niece's awarded this one and then promptly started punching up over him again)

I think Joel Bowden should have got the crucifixtion award.

and...

your nieces are smart ;)