C'mon Tiges!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

C'mon Tiges!!!

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
I just got home from the game, and I feel like I've had my heart ripped out! :'(

Just what was going on out there today? For 2 and a half quarters the tigers just didnt look like they were even trying. The only ones who could hold their heads up in the first half were Cambo and Leon. I'd almost resigned myself to a loss, when they must have thought - hang on a minute, our season's on the line here - because it was a complete turnaround. Thanks mainly to cogs & co. in the centre, we started getting the clearances & applying pressure to Geelong.

Then, what happens? A couple of stupid umpiring mistakes.
1) Tivendale is running backwards to take a certain mark, and an umpire completely cuts him off & the ball spills to Geelongs advantage and they goal. (Probably would have been a goal to us if Tivva had marked, cos we had the momentum - so really that was a 2 goal turnaround).
2) The so-called very iffy last goal to Chapman in the dying minutes to put them back in front. They replayed it twice on the big screen, and it's questionable if- a)the ball was over the line, or b) he even got a boot to it.

However, regardless of whether we were robbed of the game by poor umpiring or not, you cant expect to win a game when you only put in the effort for about 40 mins out of a 100mins. I hate to think what will happen against Collingwood. It's just too depressing. Now, where are those razor blades.........

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Bad news was T4E that Chapman certainly kicked that goal.

Just saw the replay on TV and it was a goal. Shouldn't have been in that position in the first place though

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
You boys were better off not watching it. WE were absolutely dismal for 3 quarters and did not deserve to even get close. The sad part is i knew we were going to get in front again and then lose it as that is the type of side we are.

1 quarter of football is not acceptable and is a disgrace. And whyid Frawley bench Ottens after he was dominating the centre hitouts straight to Cogs in the last quarter. Brought Staff on and we werent the same.

Was gutted but not overly shocked we hit the front and lost again. I feel sorry for Leon. I feel sorry for all my fellow Richmond fans for being dumped in hell like i have.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
shawry said:
I feel sorry for all my fellow Richmond fans for being dumped in hell like i have.

I feel sorry for them too shawry. And if you had been sitting where I was on Saturday, you would have felt it even more.

Seeing and hearing the frustration and anger from the supporters, at the way we played for the majority of the first three quarters, was pretty gut wrenching.

I've seen it before from our supporters and I don't blame them one bit for being so upset.

I resigned myself to our lot for this season several weeks back, so like a few others on this board, I'm just numb to the losses now.

Lucky for me that Mark Coughlan is single-handedly giving me a reason to stay interested in our season and football in general.

Are we having fun yet … :'( :'( :'(