Computer Monitors. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Computer Monitors.

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
My old computer monitor is on it's last legs, so I need to buy a new one. Was thinking of getting one of the newer LCD monitors since they have become a lot cheaper of late. My question is does anyone :-

a.have one,

b. know a good place to get one in Melbourne(preferably somewhere they have them set up so you can see programs running on them, and where the staff know what they are talking about)

c. know a good brand they can recommend.

S

Skyfire

I just got a 19 inch samsung lcd the other day , not bad.

What do you plan to use it for mainly? The thing with lcds is they have one native resolution which they are designed for. You can set them up at different resolutions but will be slightly fuzzy at anything other than their native resolution. If you like to use different resoltions then forget lcd and stick to crt.
There also not as good for gaming and multimedia..

sony are very good but generally pricy..i am happy with my samsung..

Also some have dvi inputs so if you have a video card with dvi output you probably should get one with that input as i understand the picture can be a bit better than just your normal analog vga input..

go to www.deja.com and do a search on "lcd monitors"
you should find some good discussions on them which will help you more than i can...

most computer shops should have a few on display to look at..i got mine in dandenong at the i think "computer world" and they had a heap on display...