Concerning | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Concerning

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
I think the lack of anger being expressed on this and other forums is a real concern for the RFC.

Normally people would have been absolutely filthy after such a performance, but the lack of posters is a clear indication that most saw it coming.

When I said to a mate of mine who is a mad Collingwood supporter that Collingwood would thrash us by 70 points he nearly fell of his chair.

1. Because he thought we would come out with a bit of fire after the press all week; and

2. That I would admit that.

Obviously a few of the players do not value their limited time left at AFL level or maybe they to have become accustomed to the club retoric that changes will be made and the axe will be swung.

Are we the only ones who saw this coming??????? God I hope not.

I, like Rosy, feel totally numb about losses that would normally drive me to some sort of venomous, vitriolic outburst that would probably get me banned from PRE. (he he)

It is a tragic sign when a schellacking from Collingwood fails to evoke emotion from Tigers supporters.

I hope the club wakes up and smells the roses soon. For everybodies sake

P

PuntRoadRoar

dont worry im angry, and my blood is starting to boil that everyone down at punt road are pretending nothing is wrong!!!!!!!

that performance last night was a disgrace and the only way Richmond Footy Club are going to raise revenue next year due to dwindling membership figures is to use our beloved punt road turf as a car parking oval for the AFL finals month...........

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Gusti, the lack of anger may be because most of us are speechless. I mean what can you say?
Losing to carl and then coll like that... these guys do not give a rats clacker about the jumper or the history of the club. More than that, they have no understanding of what it means to us all to be beaten by a team like coll like that. I didn't expect to win as they play as a better team than us, but they are not that good.

Tonight our boys will sit at a couple of tables at the Hall of fame dinner and sip their drinks and laugh with each other, and smirk at the supporters coming up for an autograph or a chat, even avoid them if they can (I've been to a few of these and watched it all). All they care about is playing in the big league and keeping the cheques coming in. They wouldn't want to try looking guys like Knights, Free, Sheedy, Balme, Bourke and Clay in the eye. Guys that bled black and yellow and know what pulling the jumper on means.

Maybe they will get inspiration from the Hall of Fame dinner, and run out and poleaxe footscray next sat. But to quote Terry Wallace, if that happens, I will fair dinkum spew up. Too little too late Tigers.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Yeah FF well hopefully a few of them will not be receiving those big fat cheques for much longer.

We need to bring back the "us and them" mentality.

Unfortunately some obviously no longer see it as a priviledge to wear the Yellow and Black Jumer.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Gus your right, i got the exact same reaction when i said to my mates that we would get thrashed, they expected me to at least put up a small fight!!

Like you and rosy, i too am numb for losses.

Whats it like to win ::)

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
gus ive been telling anyone who will listen for the last 2yrs that we will get beaten in most games. as far as our list goes we are only in front of carlton. we clearly have to go backwards may be even win a couple of wooden spoons to go forwards.personally i dont care if we get a spoon or two as long as we turn over lots of kids. because thats the only way we are going to find the footballers who are good enough to take us forward.

UntamedTiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 8, 2003
Claw, with a record like ours on our use of high draft picks, a spoon or two will be useless don't you think.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
UntamedTiger said:
Claw, with a record like ours on our use of high draft picks, a spoon or two will be useless don't you think.

Unfortunately untamed Tiger that is what worries me as well. Most other clubs seems to have done consistently ok with at least there first round picks, whereas we seem to have consistently poorly with probably the exception of OTTENS.

UntamedTiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 8, 2003
Hey Gus, I sometimes wonder if we had pick 1 that year, would we have gone for Johnstone? With the demons picking him up first, they may not have had another option.

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
I have no problem with 2 years of wooden spoons, providing the reasons for that are that we have drafted kids and at the end of those 2 years (i.e 2005), we have developed 5-6 kids as regular senior players on top of (Captain) Coughlan, Rodan, Newman, Johnson and Fat.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
I could live with that as well. People quickly forget those periods if it as a result of building for success rather than attempted stop gaps like we are doing at the moment.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
UntamedTiger said:
untamed tiger the only other option is recycled players and everybody knows that way doesnt work we need to get rid of beck and frawley and hope that those who take over pick the right kids

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
the claw said:
untamed tiger the only other option is recycled players and everybody knows that way doesnt work we need to get rid of beck and frawley and hope that those who take over pick the right kids

Claw I don't think it is that recycles players don't work it is just that we have habit of picking up the disgarded as opposed to the recycled.

Collingwood have done well with recycled players such as WILLIAMS, WOEWODIN, WAKELIN, ROCCA (to a degree) an I suppose you could put BUCKLEY in that list as well being an ex Bear.

We just seem to be very good at picking duds whether at the draft table or in trades unfortunately.

I was thinking about this and really the blame has to comeback to BECK in many respect. Sure the Coaching staff must provide direction in the type of player we are looking for etc, but ultimately it is the recruiting manager who is tasked with the responsibility of finding that player and providing the feedback to the Coaching staff. Clearly we have failed in some area in this process.

JB

Tiger Cub
Jul 15, 2003
As bad as this sounds, I was almost barracking for Collingwood on Friday night. The reason was I thought if we got done by a big enough total we would be front page of the paper with the media asking the questions.

Then I thought, why would they do that? It is only Richmond supporters that expect more than what they did against Collingwood. This is not really news to anyone anymore. What would be news is if we were competative!!!
:'(

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
smasha said:
2 years of wooden spoons coming up after 23 years of sh!te ?
R.F.C. - an absolute shambles.

That's spot on smasha - shambles is a nice way of putting it - I would have used.................better not, might say words that will get me a warning or 2 which is quite tempting actually. (take it easy Rosy, just kidding)

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne

I was thinking about this and really the blame has to comeback to BECK in many respect. Sure the Coaching staff must provide direction in the type of player we are looking for etc, but ultimately it is the recruiting manager who is tasked with the responsibility of finding that player and providing the feedback to the Coaching staff. Clearly we have failed in some area in this process.

How quickly people forget that beck discovered a young player by the name of Coughlan, oh and chrissy newman. he will be better once Miller gives him some guidance about things.

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
I should be angry, but it doesn't do me any good.

Every week they break my heart and I keep coming back for more.

After round 8 and we are 6 and 2 I'm feeling very stressed as I know whats around the corner, and guess what, it happened again !

Old Faithful - Always next year. Maybe one day we will get it right

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
shawry said:
I agree with that BalmyArmy. And chuck in Rodan and Ottens to that one as well.

Hey SHAWRY I finally disagree with you on something. I agree COUGHLAN and NEWMAN were good finds. OTTENS, well even I could have identified him as a talent. Rodan has been good, but we were lucky to get him as other teams steered away from his because of his heigth.

Two or three quality players in 8 years justs done stack up in my opinion when you look at what other clubs have unearthed in that period.

Just look at the success we have had with our first round picks as an indication of our poor recruiting record.