Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Iran temporarily frees 54,000 prisoners to prevent the spread of coronavirus

Iran announced Tuesday that it will temporarily release more than 54,000 prisoners in an attempt to prevent the spread of coronavirus, according to Iran's semi-official news agency ISNA citing Iran's Judiciary spokesperson Gholamhossein Esmaili.

The spokesperson said that the release of prisoners is under the supervision of Iran's Health Ministry, ISNNA said in its report.

"The health of the prisoners is very important for us regardless of their status as security prisoners or regular prisoners," Esmaili said as quoted on ISNA.
Did they get all them prisoners to promise they'd come back to jail as soon as the contagion has cleared up?

Reactions: 1 user
Sure but you live in Singapore which so far is one of the few places that’s been able to contain the outbreak. You said it yourself that country was best likely to do so but I’m not sure you’re speaking for everyone in this case.

Over reacting is universal. The hoarding will slow down because a) people will run out of room to store stuff and b) they'll see stuff back on the shelves. Especially in Australia where you manufacture your own toilet paper.

A benefit of being in Indonesia is that its all bidet style crappers so no toilet paper to worry about

Reactions: 1 users
If the *smile* in the media didn't keep calling it 'deadly' corona virus it would probably have helped prevent people going nuts.

If TOO (Tons Of Optimism) stopped posting it would probably have the same affect.

The world has officially gone mad and the population is officially nuts.

I just went to buy dunny paper, merely because I wiped my arse on the Byron Echo real estate section this morning - I'm out.

and ITS BEING RATIONED.

yep 4 rolls per person.

I checked the Oats, Rice, Matches, Rum, Chick Peas, Panadol and no rationing; stockpile as much as you want

but its dunny paper there's a run on.

# Note; In the event of prologued quarantine and general apocalypse conditions and you find yourself with an unbearably dirty arse and you have no grass or water, you can PM me and I can mail you a roll of paper towels (which were unrationed and I bought a uteload of) at just $125.50 per roll

hey, whatever happened to that revolution that seemed to be winning in Hong Kong? was that about access to global dunny paper stocks?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
A benefit of being in Indonesia is that its all bidet style crappers so no toilet paper to worry about
Better bring your own towel to dry your arse though. Hate to think what could be passed on through towel sharing.

Generally I just stick my arse up under the hand dryer.

you'll be buggered with those Dyson blade dryers.

better stockpile something for your arse.

cleanliness of the date is the biggest threat to global order since they stopped making pop tarts

A young woman in line at WW noticed the lady in front of her had 2 trolleys full of toilet paper so she asked her if she could have a pack please and the lady said "no, sending overseas". She took one anyway and walked away. So now the powdered milk export business from their garages has moved to toilet paper. What will be next? How do you stop it?

A young woman in line at WW noticed the lady in front of her had 2 trolleys full of toilet paper so she asked her if she could have a pack please and the lady said "no, sending overseas". She took one anyway and walked away. So now the powdered milk export business from their garages has moved to toilet paper. What will be next? How do you stop it?
That's enough to give anyone the sh!ts.

A young woman in line at WW noticed the lady in front of her had 2 trolleys full of toilet paper so she asked her if she could have a pack please and the lady said "no, sending overseas".

Wouldn't imagine you'd get very good bang for buck, posting bulky items like that internationally.

With so many dickheads in the world, you can't.

The world has officially gone mad and the population is officially nuts.

I just went to buy dunny paper, merely because I wiped my arse on the Byron Echo real estate section this morning - I'm out.

and ITS BEING RATIONED.

yep 4 rolls per person.

I checked the Oats, Rice, Matches, Rum, Chick Peas, Panadol and no rationing; stockpile as much as you want

but its dunny paper there's a run on.

# Note; In the event of prologued quarantine and general apocalypse conditions and you find yourself with an unbearably dirty arse and you have no grass or water, you can PM me and I can mail you a roll of paper towels (which were unrationed and I bought a uteload of) at just $125.50 per roll

hey, whatever happened to that revolution that seemed to be winning in Hong Kong? was that about access to global dunny paper stocks?

The old get around the dunny paper rationing with the kitchen towel substitute trick. That's the third time I've fallen for that this week.

Sporting events in Italy & Japan going ahead but in empty stadiums due to the virus.
Victorian Minister for Sports Martin Pakula was on radio yesterday & did not rule it out happening here too if the virus takes hold.
Would be hard to imagine.

Case count excluding China/Diamond Princess (updated 11:30pm)

15,476 cases
289 deaths (1.87%)
434 severe (3%)
13,246 mild (86%)
1,507 recovered (10%)

10 countries outside China with 30+ new cases yesterday, including Japan +38 after a lull. Strap yourselves in.

Last edited:
Don't pull loved ones out of aged care: Hunt

The federal government says families should not pull their loved ones out of nursing homes despite a staff walk-out at one centre after a woman died from coronavirus.

Health Minister Greg Hunt says nursing homes are still the safest place for elderly Australians who need care, despite fears about how many could die if the virus takes hold in aged-care facilities with poor infection controls.

Australia's coronavirus death toll now stands at two, after a 95-year-old woman died following contact with an infected aged-care worker at Sydney's Dorothy Henderson Lodge.

- - - - -

Not sure whether this is sound advice. Nursing home, prison, hospital are three places I definitely wouldn't want to be.