Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Not to open old wounds but some interesting work has been done on the death rate from COVID of unvaccinated and vaccinated people in NSW and the number of lives that were saved by vaccinations.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...entists-have-an-estimate-20240417-p5fkge.html

Good to know. I've seen global estimates of lives saved at 20 million.

Sadly the antivax crew will just weave this into their conspiracy thoeries as Covid as both bioweapon/fake, and a big pharma vax scam and a suppression of Ivermectin.

They'll just write this off as government/big pharma disinfo.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Good to know. I've seen global estimates of lives saved at 20 million.

Sadly the antivax crew will just weave this into their conspiracy thoeries as Covid as both bioweapon/fake, and a big pharma vax scam and a suppression of Ivermectin.

They'll just write this off as government/big pharma disinfo.
yeah

The work has been done by Monash and RMIT universities. I assume they will publish and once that happens they will have to declare who paid for it (if anyone did) and it would be peer reviewed. They may have already published of course.

But it wouldn't be unusual for drug companies to pay for such research, it is of course in their commercial interest to do so.

Reactions: 1 user

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
yeah

The work has been done by Monash and RMIT universities. I assume they will publish and once that happens they will have to declare who paid for it (if anyone did) and it would be peer reviewed. They may have already published of course.

But it wouldn't be unusual for drug companies to pay for such research, it is of course in their commercial interest to do so.

Reactions: 2 users