Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Soon enough all Coles and Woolies will have all shelves completely empty. Apocalypse Now.

I'd say a film will be made soon enough. Invest your money in the movie industry...

BTW, how's those goofs wanting rainchecks.

I don't know why the folks in charge are waiting. We will have quarantines and lock downs eventually. I guess we're just waiting till it's too late to be useful.

There’s a risk in going too early with the restrictions and slowing the spread to a trickle. Before too long people will start questioning the shutdown and raising voices of dissent.

By e.g. accepting Chinese students, allowing the T20 final to proceed and waiting until Monday to halt large gatherings, the government is in a way hoping to induce the spread before adopting a hard line. It will take a lot of skill to decide when to pull the trigger, given we’re dealing with exponential outcomes that will vary widely with the timing of harsh restrictions.

At this point we still have a low (known) community transmission rate.

Here's a song for the World Health Organisation

In the words of Roger Daltry...."yeah who the f*ck are you?"

Reactions: 1 users
I hope all these keep calm carry on people know that if they continue to do high risk things such as gathering in large groups, not washing their hands, travelling for fun, etc, they are putting other people at risk, not just themselves.

There's more than a little of the anti vaxxer mentality out there at the moment.

Our government hasn't had the stones to do anything drastic yet, but as individuals, we could take some social responsibility and attempt to limit our risk of both catching and spreading the infection.

I don't know why the folks in charge are waiting. We will have quarantines and lock downs eventually. I guess we're just waiting till it's too late to be useful.

Try telling that to a 19 year old son. He has just spent a week in Bali, visiting his Danish girlfriend for her birthday. She is a modal. She has a twin sister.

If you have any 'social responsibility' arguments that you think may have stopped him going I'd be very grateful.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Try telling that to a 19 year old son. He has just spent a week in Bali, visiting his Danish girlfriend for her birthday. She is a modal. She has a twin sister.

If you have any 'social responsibility' arguments that you think may have stopped him going I'd be very grateful.

Shocked you didn't go with him just to make sure he washed his hands.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
For those that way inclined, Folding@home now have COVID-19 input files

I just got locked out of NZ.

fair enough. I'd locked me out to.

blown a couple of grand.

but thats life.

Ive been at The G for 2 Richmond premierships.

its all gravy now.

Felt really out of step with the world, so I rang up my 80 year old dad, who is a great fella. one of my best mates.

'what do you reckon about this thing dad?'

and he goes

'the world gone completely mad. I dont really mind dying of corona virus. Ive had a hell of a life and a week in ICU sound better to me than 5 years in nappies, not knowing who I barrack for'

I guess this apple didnt fall far from the tree?

Good on them.

It is good that it’s happening but one of the issues that Australia is having, and I assume other countries as well, is that a large percentage of medical supplies are made in China.
It was a bit of a double whammy. A pandemic and problems with supply!

There’s a risk in going too early with the restrictions and slowing the spread to a trickle. Before too long people will start questioning the shutdown and raising voices of dissent.

By e.g. accepting Chinese students, allowing the T20 final to proceed and waiting until Monday to halt large gatherings, the government is in a way hoping to induce the spread before adopting a hard line. It will take a lot of skill to decide when to pull the trigger, given we’re dealing with exponential outcomes that will vary widely with the timing of harsh restrictions.

At this point we still have a low (known) community transmission rate.

It is not too early. The time is now.

Wait, and people will die.

Thought it was time to support a local restaurant tonight, went out for tea. Restaurants sure are doing it hard, local Greek place is normally quite full, tonight half empty. Owner said it was getting tough.

Time to get out there and support the local community, might try Indian later this week.

DS

It is not too early. The time is now.

Wait, and people will die.

Yeah. But the government doesn't want people locked up in their homes en masse and no transmission occurring. People simply won't cop it, and the authorities will lose control. It's probably almost preferable from their point of view to make the call a fraction late instead of too early. It's a fine line, but they have a specific trigger point in mind. They can't stop it, all they can do is manage the load on health services.

Now is the time to play it smart. (Edit: For the public to play it smart. A certain percentage of people will insist on catching it.)

Last edited:
Thought it was time to support a local restaurant tonight, went out for tea. Restaurants sure are doing it hard, local Greek place is normally quite full, tonight half empty. Owner said it was getting tough.

Time to get out there and support the local community, might try Indian later this week.

DS

Order in. You can support them and also not put people at risk.