Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I’ll admire gias persistence with personal property rights to the exclusion of everything else. I don’t get the logic, even though I’ve tried.

If a company polluted and didn’t have to pay for the externalities they cause you eventually get backlash / environmental laws / fines / new regulations etc

IMO People choosing not to vaccinate with no good reason pollute the public healthcare system - putting at risk the people who have to look after them, freeloading off the rest of the tax payers and limiting freedom for everyone else, and putting the legitimately unvaccinated at much higher risk. Public health should be there to support people who run into issues in everyday life. You are never going to make it such that say someone who does more risky activities (eg skiing) has to pay more tax than someone who just goes for walks. But at some level if you impose a massive burden on the system deliberately there should be consequences IMO. I take gias point that this could be a slippery slope, but the evidence doesn’t support that line of reasoning as we don’t see this in many areas at all. Maybe tax on cigarettes is one other area where you get a financial penalty in addition to the health risk.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The effects are significantly greater in terms of the effect on the system as a whole.
I’d challenge that. Diet will cost and kill many more than covid. A lot of covid deaths would be preventable if people weren’t so unhealthy.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
So basically the vaccines take a long time to get approved to get enough people to use them. Not because of long term study results on individuals. I hope some on here Will rethink. They are tools to engender a short term response.

“Of 57 vaccines approved by the US since 1996, the median safety follow-up was 1½ months. Yet only one had to be withdrawn from the market for safety reasons; at the same time, these vaccines cut the incidence of common viruses such as polio and measles by more than 90 per cent.”

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Do you object to bring immunised for polio, smallpox, MMR?

All those things you'll probably beat with your immune system as well. But your might not.
No, they are debilitating illnesses with a large history of immunisation. I think the closest example for comparison for a COVID vaccine aren’t these diseases but the Flu vaccine, which I don’t take.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
No, they are debilitating illnesses with a large history of immunisation. I think the closest example for comparison for a COVID vaccine aren’t these diseases but the Flu vaccine, which I don’t take.
I wish there was a vaccine for giardia. I’ve had it a few times and it’s awful. I get triggered each time I see your avatar.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
I wish there was a vaccine for giardia. I’ve had it a few times and it’s awful. I get triggered each time I see your avatar.
I’ve had it once and it was 2 weeks of hell. Couldn’t risk squeezing a fart because it usually resulted in a shart.

Perhaps I can change my username is that possible?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Zero cases today in Victoria.

Zero.

Bravo Vics.

We are the best in the world at dealing with COVID now. i can't see how anyone can deny it.

We had something like 23,000 people in isolation at one point. knowing what we know now about the Delta Variant, close contacts of people who were at tier 1 sites had to do 14 days Iso as well. We smashed it.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
No. You will have to remain watching all games from your dungeon.

I’ll probably get slapped down for getting on my high horse again, but i can’t see why people who have had at least 1 vaccine can’t go to the footy this weekend… Or treat it the same way as the snow by having to return a negative COVID test within 72 hours of the event.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I’ll probably get slapped down for getting on my high horse again, but i can’t see why people who have had at least 1 vaccine can’t go to the footy this weekend… Or treat it the same way as the snow by having to return a negative COVID test within 72 hours of the event.
On the former, I think the AFL would like to do that (they're already talking about it for the GF and for games next year), but as of right now, I dont think they've got the infrastructure and controls to implement it in watertight fashion.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I’ve had it once and it was 2 weeks of hell. Couldn’t risk squeezing a fart because it usually resulted in a shart.

Perhaps I can change my username is that possible?

Yeah that user name always makes me laugh! I guy I know had it coming back on a flight from Nepal, said he had really bad gas but it manifested as burps that smelt like farts. Hilarious stuff. EDIT saw Ezy already mentioned this symptom ahaha

You can change username, there is a form on the profile area you can fill in, if Mr T approves all good.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Mass immunisation only works because all/most people do it. If everyone waits for a "large history" for a vaccine, they don't work.

Again the public good argument wins, but I know that is irrelevant to a Libertarian.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
We are the best in the world at dealing with COVID now. i can't see how anyone can deny it.

We had something like 23,000 people in isolation at one point. knowing what we know now about the Delta Variant, close contacts of people who were at tier 1 sites had to do 14 days Iso as well. We smashed it.

Victoria, still the only place in the world where Delta has been eliminated through lockdown. Dan rulz ok

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I am sure the worlds best health management team will move quickly towards this. In the meantime I will be getting my test tommorow so I can undertake the only? recreation that requires a COVId test to participate in this side of Tokyo. Yes I can go skiing but cannot visit my mother, negative test, vaccinated or otherwise. But in a rule book that closes the tatslotto counter inside a supermarket but lets one in a newsagent stay open consistency and logic takes a back seat.