Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yep, who cares how my personal decision affects others. I don't care. I'll do what I want.

Reactions: 4 users

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Yep, who cares how my personal decision affects others. I don't care. I'll do what I want.
It has always been about that from day one. About me. Philosophical arguments of any kind against vaccination during a pandemic are truly pathetic. Without grace, without good will. Shamelessly all about 'me.'

Reactions: 4 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
What a mess. But it was always going to happen. So many people are so quick to jump up and down about their "rights".

It's been shoved down kids throats for decades and now we see what happens when a large chunk of society jumps to being indignant, rather than considering the needs of community (for the greater good).

Full disclosure -
I've had both AZ jabs (got them as quick as I could due to pre existing ailments)
and I do not advocate mandatory vaccination. It's a personal decision, not something that any government can impose.

As for the protests in Melbourne today, I have no idea whether they are CFMEU, Nazis, Anti Vaxers, Antifa or Kalithumpians. Violence towards police, journalists or anyone else is unacceptable. They would have been more effective by staging a mass (peaceful) protest outside Spring Street. If they have been shut down because they have been flouting the rules on worksites they should be venting at their bosses and unions for not enforcing compliance.

And as far as opening up society, it won't matter it it's 70%, 80%, 90% or even 100% it won't stop people getting sick. At some stage we will have to open up our borders to people from overseas. This virus will stick around for some time yet and if it continues to mutate we'll end up needing a regular booster jab (like an annual flue shot).

I left Melbourne 18 months ago and moved over to our little backwater about 50km south of Adelaide. It's all good here at the moment but I keep telling my neighbours that there will be more lockdowns here. I'd like to be wrong about that, but don't think I am.

Reactions: 3 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
While there are people this stupid in our population, we'll always have issues in a situation where we all need to do the right thing.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
What's your solution. Tie them down and force vaccinate them?

Vaccine passports to restrict their freedoms - fair enough - impose all types of hurdles - I agree with

but they will go out to the streets.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
It's always the minority with the loudest voice. If it's good enough for 80% to get it, it's good enough for the construction industry. The violence and interruptions is not acceptable. Everyone is suffering through this. Some industries haven't been able to work for months. All these losers have done is delay the end of lock-down for all of us. The majority should be, and undoubtedly are, angry. Find the instigators of the violence and jail them.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
What's your solution. Tie them down and force vaccinate them?

Vaccine passports to restrict their freedoms - fair enough - impose all types of hurdles - I agree with

but they will go out to the streets.

I think we agree Harry, I've never been one for mandatory vaccines.

Reward those who are vaxxed with more freedoms as you say. I've no doubt people will be on the streets though - they are being whipped up by all those who want to make political capital out of the situation. And some have genuine grievances to be sure, those that lost jobs or businesses.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It's always the minority with the loudest voice. If it's good enough for 80% to get it, it's good enough for the construction industry. The violence and interruptions is not acceptable. Everyone is suffering through this. Some industries haven't been able to work for months. All these losers have done is delay the end of lock-down for all of us. The majority should be, and undoubtedly are, angry. Find the instigators of the violence and jail them.

Agree. I have very little sympathy for construction workers. Even those shown on the tv today saying they are doing the right thing, most of them were not wearing masks correctly. We've had 18 months to figure out how to wear a mask, if you still aren't doing it thats because you are choosing not to wear it and is 1 of the reasons they are being shut down again. They are complaining that 300k are not without work, yet I'll bet there is way more than them that would love to get back to work with proper covid protocols but aren't allowed. Construction workers have been given a chance to get back to work and have pissed all over the guidelines they had to abide by.

Whether they should be forced to have mandatory vaccines I'm not sure about, but they haven't been shutdown because they haven't taken the jab, they have been shutdown because of their complete and utter ignorance and will to blindly ignore covid protocols that they should be following. For that I have no sympathy for them.

Reactions: 1 users

vinpaul

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2009
Risk of Covid transmission outdoors is negligible/next to zero unless you’re kissing or yelling into someone’s face, people losing their minds over the construction crews not wearing their masks correctly need to settle down

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
My grandfather and his two brothers signed up and were on the battlefields in France during World War 1.
One of the brothers was killed in action, and the other died after returning to Australia with the Spanish flu.
If they knew what these selfish, ungrateful pieces of excrement were doing I have no doubt they would be saying, why did we bother.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
According to the CFMEU's National Secretary Dave Noonan in an interview with Patricia Karvelas this afternoon, it sounds like the regular angry anti-vax mob have unfairly tarnished the construction industry & contributed to the shutdown. Noonan is saying the rioting mob has been made up of less than half actual union members.

Agree the Gov needs find out who's organising the chaos & lock them up.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Risk of Covid transmission outdoors is negligible/next to zero unless you’re kissing or yelling into someone’s face, people losing their minds over the construction crews not wearing their masks correctly need to settle down

Whether you believe its negligible or not, the facts are that we have around 13% of our active cases DIRECTLY linked to construction sites.

How hard is it to wear your mask properly?

Reactions: 5 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Must have been alot of screaming in faces at the Box Hill project site. The constant mis-information from the clueless doesn't help.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
My grandfather and his two brothers signed up and were on the battlefields in France during World War 1.
One of the brothers was killed in action, and the other died after returning to Australia with the Spanish flu.
If they knew what these selfish, ungrateful pieces of excrement were doing I have no doubt they would be saying, why did we bother.

To those unvaccinated individuals who are counting on infection rather than vaccination for immune protection, Kimball said, “The trouble is, you have to survive infection to acquire the immunity.” It’s easier, she said, to go to the chemist and get a shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
There is also the group that even though they are vaccinated, pre existing conditions mean that they are still high risk. Anti-vaxxers are stopping them from returning to any semblance of normality.
Pretty sure many people don't realise that pre-existing conditions includes diabetes, obesity, hypertension, heavy smokers, asthmatics. This is why up to 15% of cases in Sydney are being hospitalised. ICU beds etc aren't a problem per se, the staff required to handle the vast increase in cases in a timely fashion, is a problem. This is the primary reason cases cannot get out of control. Nothing to do with rights. People in denial need to think about it otherwise someone they know is going to be hospitalied and maybe not get the quick help they need.

Reactions: 2 users

vinpaul

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2009
Whether you believe its negligible or not, the facts are that we have around 13% of our active cases DIRECTLY linked to construction sites.

How hard is it to wear your mask properly?
Not doubting those figures, I’m saying that transmission wouldn’t be related to mask wearing when working outdoors. Interactions in smoko sheds etc are another story