Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
We are lucky Victorian authorities were on the ball and caught them at Melbourne airport.
Only detected by chance - an employee at a car rental place overheard them talking and reported it to authorities.

Apparently they tested negative and if they do so again tomorrow, will be released. They only arrived on Saturday... I'd be imprisoning them for the remaining 12 days if they lied to authorities as reported.

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
If true, deport them. Willingly putting Australians health and safety at risk by knowingly not following the rules and/ or laws
Yep if true that is absolutely shitful behaviour. They don’t deserve to be in Australia. Throw the book at them.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Quote from the Premier on Microsoft news

This is what Premier Daniel Andrews just said:

"I believe they are returned travellers. Whether they are citizens or permanents, I'm not certain, but they were returning, or at least availing themselves of an entitlement that they had. They are here lawfully. Beyond that, I can't speculate as to what motivated them to come or how recently they were here. Let's let New South Wales do their work and we can see what comes of that."
Coronavirus Australia live news: Border Force and NSW authorities under fire to explain how two international travellers evaded quarantine (msn.com)
ABC referring to them as "German nationals".

• Wow

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
  • Wow

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
There is still no valid explanation for why these German nationals were allowed to fly to Australia. Strong ties to Australia? So what. Are they citizens of Australia returning home? If not why were they allowed to travel here? Especially from COVID ravaged Europe.

As for the NSW authorities believing they had quarantine exemption; what a pathetic excuse. Who has exemption from quarantine? No one as far as I can see. Unless your a Hollywood celebrity or Danni Minogue.............

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
We should be blaming the NSW authorities for the overseas travellers going to Melbourne without isolating in Sydney.
The system being instituted from tomorrow in Melbourne is that every arriving traveller will be assessed then processed and physically transported to a quarantine hotel. Clearly if NSW had that system it has failed
There is still no valid explanation for why these German nationals were allowed to fly to Australia. Strong ties to Australia? So what. Are they citizens of Australia returning home? If not why were they allowed to travel here? Especially from COVID ravaged Europe.

As for the NSW authorities believing they had quarantine exemption; what a pathetic excuse. Who has exemption from quarantine? No one as far as I can see. Unless your a Hollywood celebrity or Danni Minogue.............
Dual citizens.
Only detected by chance - an employee at a car rental place overheard them talking and reported it to authorities.

Apparently they tested negative and if they do so again tomorrow, will be released. They only arrived on Saturday... I'd be imprisoning them for the remaining 12 days if they lied to authorities as reported.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

Relax Lee, they are now the first denizens of Victoria's new quarantine system according to the Premier.
And in other news it's was a cop who sent them on way to Melbiurne....thought they were the answer.
And in other news half The army guards are heading back to barracks, apparently they get to pick and choose the jobs they are prepared to do. And they only want to work in reception, not floor walking so fewer needed.
the Premier who doesn't play poltics with COVId made a point last week that Vics new system would have no private security involved "unlike the one in NSW". That one would be the quarantine system in Sydney has been so disastrous?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I see Uk daily new cases in second wave are 3-5 times the rate in first wave yet deaths per day about half. So deaths per case are 1/6 to 10% of first wave.
Any simple or complex explanation of why the massive reduction in mortality?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I see Uk daily new cases in second wave are 3-5 times the rate in first wave yet deaths per day about half. So deaths per case are 1/6 to 10% of first wave.
I’m no doctor 22 but from what I have heard the doctors and hospitals know how to treat it much better now that they did 6 months ago.
Australia’s mortality rate from COVID has always been low when taking deaths outside aged care.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Yep if true that is absolutely shitful behaviour. They don’t deserve to be in Australia. Throw the book at them.
It was reported on the ABC tonight that they were actually taken to the airport authorities in Melbourne because they were asking about how to connect to the quarantine program. So they were expecting to be put in quarantine and because they were allowed to get on a plane by the NSW policeman they thought it must have been in Melbourne.
Sounds like a stuff up

Reactions: 1 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Testing rate is also much higher now. Would have been a significantly higher number of cases detected in the first wave if we’d been able to test as we do now.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Were going into lockdown on the 16 th of December till 4th of Jan ..no alcohol sales then either so stocking up .. happy Christmas and New year Not sadly .. will be stuck in Nata no travel . Ppl travel to there home towns and villages for a family Christmas and NYE and there trying to stop that I guess esp ppl traveling from Gaborone the area were there is an issue .. 11 536 active cases 11 522 in the Gabourne area 900 Ks away .(34 deaths 33 in Gabourne and one in Francistown) .so only 8 cases for the rest of the country .. none near Nata thank goodness ..
Still trying to get to Australia , Melbourne in March .. fingers crossed to see my mum maybe for the last time on waiting list .. not sure how much there charging for quarantine?

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Were going into lockdown on the 16 th of December till 4th of Jan ..no alcohol sales then either so stocking up .. happy Christmas and New year Not sadly .. will be stuck in Nata no travel . Ppl travel to there home towns and villages for a family Christmas and NYE and there trying to stop that I guess esp ppl traveling from Gaborone the area were there is an issue .. 11 536 active cases 11 522 in the Gabourne area 900 Ks away .(34 deaths 33 in Gabourne and one in Francistown) .so only 8 cases for the rest of the country .. none near Nata thank goodness ..
Still trying to get to Australia , Melbourne in March .. fingers crossed to see my mum maybe for the last time on waiting list .. not sure how much there charging for quarantine?

Good luck Pete.. hope you get back. Quarantine is costing $3K for one person to return to Victoria. Details at https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/quarantine-contribution-fee-be-introduced

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
FMD...... Just listening to the health minister Martin Foley on 3AW

He must of said. ...... "We'll have more to say about that" ..... more than 10 bloody times over the course of 10 bloody minutes. Just answer the question, will ya?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
S Africa cricket tour in doubt after English stars infected (paywalled)

The England cricket team’s tour to South Africa has collapsed following positive tests to coronavirus from two team members, raising concerns about future Australian sporting contests.

A one-day international match in Cape Town was immediately cancelled on Sunday and the one-day series was postponed for the second time.

The news comes days after the F1 star Lewis Hamilton became infected with coronavirus and missed the weekend racing in the Sakhir Grand Prix, despite stringent bio secure bubbles and constant testing of the drivers, the teams and everyone in the F1 paddock.

Hamilton, a seven-time world champion, is struggling with the illness, the Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff said, and he is in doubt for next week’s season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

If the bio-bubble precautions have failed to stop the virus in international cricket and F1 despite rigorous procedures in place, it raises concerns for Australia’s hosting of major sporting events in the summer, such as the Australian Open tennis and the F1 at Albert Park.

Some of the England players are due to arrive in Australia for the Big Bash once the South African commitments are finished at the end of the week.