Countdown To Richo's 500th Goal | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Countdown To Richo's 500th Goal

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
For anyone who doesn't read the main page (tsk tsk ;D )
Richo is on 496 career goals.
He is 4 goals away from becoming the 5th player in Richmond's VFL/AFL history to kick 500 goals.
The list of players he'll join includes: Jack Titus (970), Kevin Bartlett (778), Michael Roach (607), *smile* Harris (548).

Onya Richo, may the goals flow freely Saturday night. :)

T

tiga chikk

fingers, toes eyes and anythings else i can cross are now crossed in preperation for saturday night.

Good luck Richo :-*

gsta12

Roar Power
Mar 19, 2003
Good luck Richo! :) We need you firing this week to get back on the winners list against the Swans.

Let's hope it's a big tiger crowd and a win to go along with it.

I am very nervous this week.. but I always am. :D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Where's Jeff Hogg on that list - Hoggy Hoggy Hoggy Oi Oi Oi. I would have thought he has kicked 500 goals. He was a great servant to the club and one of my favourites. I know we got Broderick through the deal that saw Hoggy go to the Lions but he was another captain and champion of the club that was unfairly dealt with. Hoggy Hoggy Hoggy Oi Oi Oi.

I remember him kicking 10 goals in the mothers day masacre against the pies - no other tiger has kicked 10 since. I know Richo is probably a better player and is playing in a better team than Hogg did but he will never kick 10 in a game.

P

PuntRoadRoar

Jeff Hogg,

Played 144 games and kicked 306 goals for the tigers

won the goal kicking award in 88,89,91,92 & 93. His highest tally was 68 in 91 and his personal best was 10 against Collingwood in 91.

He kicked 5 goals or more 21 times. Considering Richmond hadnt finished any higher than 10th during his time at F/Fwd only jack titus 11 and roach 7 have won more club goal kicking awards.

;D

tigerland

Can u dig it.....SUCKA
May 12, 2003
Melb
Common Richo you can get to the 500 mark v Sydney. Unfortunately i wont be there tonight (at home sick :'()
but im sure all you ferrels will make up for my absence and cheer louder than ever ;D

Go Tigers!!!!!!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
PuntRoadRoar said:
Jeff Hogg,

Played 144 games and kicked 306 goals for the tigers

won the goal kicking award in 88,89,91,92 & 93. His highest tally was 68 in 91 and his personal best was 10 against Collingwood in 91.

He kicked 5 goals or more 21 times. Considering Richmond hadnt finished any higher than 10th during his time at F/Fwd only jack titus 11 and roach 7 have won more club goal kicking awards.

;D

They are dam good stats playing in pathetic sides of the late 80's early 90's. he would have been a star if he played in todays team. Like knights - at the wrong club at the wrong time. Hoggy Hoggy Hoggy Oi Oi Oi.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I wonder if Richo is nearing the 500 "free kicks against" mark. Hmmm, he has probably passed it a while ago.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Whoops I think I got a bomb from Rhett for not mentioning where I got this info about Richo from. :(
It was unintentional because of course there is a big link on the main page guiding people to the Rhettrospective site.
My sincere apologies.

Anyway more importantly Richo has crept one goal closer and now needs 3 to reach his 500th.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Hoggy was injury-riddled when he was traded to Fitzroy. His quads (from memory) were shot. Always sad to see a player have injuries end his career.

On Richo. It's ironical that the more times we bomb the ball to him during a single game the less chance he has of kicking goals. You would think those upfield would know that by now ::).

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
mightytiges said:
Hoggy was injury-riddled when he was traded to Fitzroy. His quads (from memory) were shot. Always sad to see a player have injuries end his career.

On Richo. It's ironical that the more times we bomb the ball to him during a single game the less chance he has of kicking goals. You would think those upfield would know that by now ::).

Hoggy was a gun IMO.

Anyway about Richo thats an interesting point. He is most dangerous when he can sneak away from his opponent. When the ball is bombed to him constantly it is very hard for him to do this as he's always doubled up on. Some of the scragging on richo was so obvious yet no free kicks were paid. Poor Richo. I'll get the Fonze to have a chat with the umps during the week about this - he'll sort them out.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
rosy3 said:
Whoops I think I got a bomb from Rhett for not mentioning where I got this info about Richo from. :(

I spoke to Rhett this morning and I have mistakenly assumed the message was about my post. (Must have had a guilty conscience anyway, ha ;D)

Roof closed and Richo and Otto to have a goal fest tonight. Wish I was there. :'(

Hope Richo can still kick goals without me crossing my fingers and watching with my eyes closed as he lines up.
Go big fella write your name into the history books.