What cost us the game!!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What cost us the game!!!!!

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Were we lost the game!!!!!!!!

A.Kellaway should not have followed goodes around the ground!!!! He is our key backman who cuts of all attacks and becomes the second man in the one on one contest!! By following goodes Roos got what he wanted by taking kellaway out of our defensive 50!!! Richo played to deep in attack, sould have stayed outside 50 like he did with melbourne and destroyed them!! When the game was in the balance last quarter and we had a chance to win it why keep stafford in the goal square when he absolutely dominated the ruck all game, when you have two tall options in hall and vardy that you could put up forward!!!! Unfortunately it seems that the support staff let spud have a go at game day tactics and he showed his true colours!!! Although we were down and looked flat we still could have got away with a win had the team been coached better!!! Heres hoping we win on friday or else the great start will be a huge waste of time and effort!!!!

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
frawleyudud said:
Were we lost the game!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately it seems that the support staff let spud have a go at game day tactics and he showed his true colours!!!
of coarse you hit the nail on the head.how silly of the support staff to let the HEADCOACH have any say in match day tatics. ::)

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
FrawleyuDud, Why blame the coach? It's just an easy cop out! It was the players out there that were totally to blame for that loss!! We just weren't hungry enough across the board! I think your name displays some bias to this argument. It's 6 and 4 not 4 and 6. Give the guy a break!

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
totally agree about player being flat and not showing enough commitment, but somtimes a coaching move can have a huge effect on the outcome!!!!

Im not going to say anymore about frawley coz a lot of people get very touchy, but as far as im concerned while he is at the helm we will never produce the footy our list is capable of. We have a great list of talent and stars but they just need someone to point them in the right direction!!! Yes we are 6-4, BUT my point is that once a few players dont play 100%, he as a coach doesnt have much to offer to perhaps make a move to spark something!!!!

How can you justify stafford not being in the ruck in the last quarter or letting kellaway get dragged out of our 50!!! Simple stuff!!! Why wasnt leon cameron thrown into the forward line like other times to give us another option up front but we continually bombed it too richo!!!! Obviously the coach thought that richo had a height advantage over bolton but he was wrong, so why persist all game with it and not use richo as a decoy!!!! Simple stuff guys!!! Although we were down i believe with a few changes from the coach and we could have pinched it!!!!

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
frawleyudud said:
Im not going to say anymore about frawley coz a lot of people get very touchy ...

Have you ever heard of 'flogging a dead horse'. ::)

Just curious.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
frawleyudud said:
Im not going to say anymore about frawley coz a lot of people get very touchy, but as far as im concerned while he is at the helm we will never produce the footy our list is capable of. We have a great list of talent and stars but they just need someone to point them in the right direction!!! Yes we are 6-4, BUT my point is that once a few players dont play 100%, he as a coach doesnt have much to offer to perhaps make a move to spark something!!!!

Why wasnt leon cameron thrown into the forward line like other times to give us another option up front but we continually bombed it too richo!!!!

I cannot believe I am responding to this but here goes.

Firstly, after spending a week with the footy department I am convinced of 2 things:

1. The people running our footy department know what they are doing. And because of that we are heading in the right direction.

2. Danny Frawley is the right man for the job. Ever been in the coaches box FUD? Ever sat in on team meetings? What do you think he does all week FUD? Play Ninetendos or something. A hell of a lot of planning goes into the games.

Why wasn't Bakes Cameron put on the field - well FUD he was in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and couldn't get a touch. Why wasn't Stafford in the ruck perhaps because we needed another target in the forward line other than Richo. Let's face it Hall wasn't holding his marks. You wanted moves made, they were made and because they didn't work it is all the Frawley's fault.
How's this for something novel - why don't you have ago at the players for missing tackles and not doing the things they were doing earlier in the season. You know the unimportant things like running in numbers, looking for the best option rather than bombing to Richo and hitting targets. Oops I forgot they are not told to do that are they :-\

Finally you have me absolutely speechless regarding your comments about the list. In the past you have wanted at least 1/3+ of them de-listed, sacked and hung. Now you are saying "we have a great list of talent and stars". I am so confused I have a headache

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Koalalill said:
missing tackles

Just on that. In terms of a statistic what counts as a tackle? I thought our tackle count would have been much lower than the swans but it wasn't. Does making a soft attempt to get a piece of jumper or grabbing then letting your opponent still get away count as tackles :mad:. Didn't see too many proper tackles on the weekend from us.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Ok then Lil - we've got an OK coach but too many brainless players - is that better ?

On the topic of brainless players - When a team has fire in their belly and is intense and has run in their legs, then a team can manage to win and grind down games as we have been doing (assuming that the teams run and intensity is greater than the oppositions). Now during the course of the season when players get injured, tired etc. it is hard to keep up this intensity. This is why I wasn't surprised with our lazy effort coz the players have given huge efforts for the past 9 weeks or so. Now when this occurs, when the legs don't have much run, its the footy smarts that prevails. We've still got too many brainless players IMO to be able to win enough games during the year with a decreased level of intensity.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
2. Danny Frawley is the right man for the job. Ever been in the coaches box FUD? Ever sat in on team meetings? What do you think he does all week FUD? Play Ninetendos or something. A hell of a lot of planning goes into the games.

Tell you what he probably would fail in that too...

Why wasn't Bakes Cameron put on the field - well FUD he was in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and couldn't get a touch.

Where on the ground??Please tell me!!!!!

Why wasn't Stafford in the ruck perhaps because we needed another target in the forward line other than Richo. Let's face it Hall wasn't holding his marks. You wanted moves made, they were made and because they didn't work it is all the Frawley's fault.

Yeah thats a great move lets take out the guy who is killing the opposition in the middle and put him in the goal square, coz lets face it we aint going to win the ball in the middle now that he has gone anyway!!! Give the boy a rest up forward!!! You must be spudders sidekick!!'

Hows this for something novel - why don't you have ago at the players for missing tackles and not doing the things they were doing earlier in the season. You know the unimportant things like running in numbers, looking for the best option rather than bombing to Richo and hitting targets. Oops I forgot they are not told to do that are they :-\

If you read my article properly instead of TRYING to make sm@rtass remarks you will see that i said the players were FLAT and down on the night but then i went on saying that a coaching moves on such a night can be very crucial!!!! Atleast read the darn thing properly before commenting!!!

Finally you have me absolutely speechless regarding your comments about the list. In the past you have wanted at least 1/3+ of them de-listed, sacked and hung. Now you are saying "we have a great list of talent and stars". I am so confused I have a headache

Once again you obviously either cant read or must be dyslexic, as the players i said must go everyone else on this site has named!!! Get it right once again!!!!

No one is questioning spuds work ethic, but his ability as a coach!!! We all work hard but some of us are better than others!!!! Please dont try and be one of those I KNOW IT ALL people!!!! Read the posts properly before commenting with your hehmehmm so called sarcasm!!!!

If you guys honestly think he will win us a premiership than please tell the fairy godmother to give us a premiership when you next see her!!!!

I agree our footy dept is heading in the right direction and things are looking up for the club, but until we get a decent head coach we will be held back!!!! And you can say all you like, its the plain truth!!!

We will revisit this at the end of the year, and i just hope that you are around so we can have a word or too!!!! Heres hoping we win the premiership and you absolutely blast me away, something ill be more than glad to accept if it happens!!!!

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
frawleyudud said:
Read the posts properly before commenting with your hehmehmm so called sarcasm!!!!

Do you have a full length mirror at your place FUD? ::)

Again, just curious.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
You are all panic merchants. Look at the big picture. We are still 6 wins, 4 losses. The dees and the hawks would be cuming in their pants to be in our position. Everyone has a slump, except Brisbane. Remember those black and white duds lost 6 out of 7 and still nearly pinched the premiership, despite winning only 13 home and away games. Did you really believe the tigers would go a whole season without a slump? Get a grip on reality ;D

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
diggler said:
You are all panic merchants. Look at the big picture. We are still 6 wins, 4 losses. Did you really believe the tigers would go a whole season without a slump? Get a grip on reality
Who are you and what have you done with the real Diggler? Diggler's been abducted by aliens :rollin

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
TigersGoddess said:
diggler said:
You are all panic merchants. Look at the big picture. We are still 6 wins, 4 losses. Did you really believe the tigers would go a whole season without a slump? Get a grip on reality
Who are you and what have you done with the real Diggler? Diggler's been abducted by aliens
roll.gif

Exactly what I was thinking TG

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
frawleyudud said:
If you read my article properly instead of TRYING to make sm@rtass remarks you will see that i said the players were FLAT and down on the night but then i went on saying that a coaching moves on such a night can be very crucial!!!! Atleast read the darn thing properly before commenting!!!

Once again you obviously either cant read or must be dyslexic, as the players i said must go everyone else on this site has named!!! Get it right once again!!!!

No one is questioning spuds work ethic, but his ability as a coach!!! We all work hard but some of us are better than others!!!! Please dont try and be one of those I KNOW IT ALL people!!!! Read the posts properly before commenting with your hehmehmm so called sarcasm!!!!

Where to begin ???

Leon Cameron - you asked when he was on the ground in 2nd or 3rd quarters. Now unfortunately, I cannot give you an exact time but the stats show he had 1 handball in the 2nd qtr so I think that proves he was on the ground in the 2nd qtr. A also recall an errant handaball landing at his feet in the same quarter so he must have been there.

Stafford was winning the centre hit outs but our midfield were not clearing the ball. So the number of hitouts becomes irrelevant - so much so as someone else pointed out on another thread his hit outs were going straight to the opposition. I'll stand corrected on this one FUD but I do recall during the Melbourne game in particular the 1st quarter Strafford going forward resulted in 2 goals. Also I think you will find he is our leading goalkicker.

As to reading your post. I did and the point you seem to criticise me for is the one I was making. In this thread you said : quote "we have a great list of talent and stars". Previously, you have said and have acknowledge here that "the players i said must go everyone else on this site has named". SO my question was and still is which is it FUD? Great list of talent or should 1/3 of them go". Surely it cannot be both? It just seems like a contradiction to me.

As to trying to be a "one of those I KNOW IT ALL people" I gave an opinion from my experiences after spending a week with the Footy Dept. With that I asked you questions FUD - which by the way you didn't answer. It is that simple. I do read the posts.

I am happy to debate footy issues with you FUD - but I will not drawn into personal attacks. I didn't call you dyslexic - and having a young niece that suffers from it I find that offensive. But I forgot I am one of those "KNOW IT ALL" people aren't I

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Well put KL,

There is no place on this board for personal attacks. I read FUD's reply earlier today and thought he was out of line. I was going to reply but thought it best for you to have the first right of reply on this one.

Will be interesting to see what kind of retort he comes up with next.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
What cost us the game IM(biased)O is that we lacked any signs of on field leadership on the night. When things are tight, or when things aren't working for you, you need someone to set an example so that the others can begin to believe in themselves and each other. When it came to crunch time this week however, no one stepped up to the plate.

I know its unfair to single a player out, but I believe Richardson cost us the game. When you give away silly free kicks, and forget to do things like go back and have proper set shots at goal and spray shots on the full, or pass to somebody and have the ball intercepted, it really saps all the players who tried to get you the ball to begin with.

I know you can say but wait a minute, Richo kept us in the game with some telling marks and key passages of play, and thats well and true. But for a senior player, its just not on to be drag-worthy. When your'e at Richo's age, its time to "do the right thing" and show others how it should be done.

I dont want this to be a bag session for Richo, and obviously there were plenty of incidents where others made mistakes, or worse still, did nothing, but in terms of leadership, you really rely on the senior blokes to set the standard.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
tiga said:
Will be interesting to see what kind of retort he comes up with next.

How do you know its a he? Anyway I think FUD makes some valid points and I also think its a bit unfair that some of you gang up on him/her.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Harry said:
Anyway I think FUD makes some valid points and I also think its a bit unfair that some of you gang up on him/her.
FUD may have made some valid points (in your opinion Harry) but stooping to personal attacks is not on. I have no problem with people having an argument about footy but name calling and just generally attacking another person is low.