• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Cricket

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just read that Melbourne Stars rotate (rest) their fast bowlers so Harris Rauf won’t play in Perth so he can “freshen up”. Coulter-Nile and Dan Worrell have had their rest.

Bloody hell, they bowl 4 OVERS a game!

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
Should be a cracking game tonight the stars v scorchers, Stoinis, Maxwell and Marsh are all in ripping form.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Should be a cracking game tonight the stars v scorchers, Stoinis, Maxwell and Marsh are all in ripping form.
Gee last night’s game was a fizzer. The Stars are the best team in it, can they get over their mental demons to win the final, or do another Collingwood style choke for Eddie?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It’s odd programming that on the nights Fox has the exclusive telecast of the Aus/India ODIs that they also get exclusive telecast of the BBL meaning that there’s no FTA cricket on these nights.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Wasn't the Big Bullshit supposed to be x-factor stuff by even playing in drizzle rain?

This constant stopping in the Sydney clash is archaic and stupid IMO.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Wasn't the Big Bullshit supposed to be x-factor stuff by even playing in drizzle rain?

This constant stopping in the Sydney clash is archaic and stupid IMO.
Agree, if they can stand up, they should play I reckon.

It’s odd programming that on the nights Fox has the exclusive telecast of the Aus/India ODIs that they also get exclusive telecast of the BBL meaning that there’s no FTA cricket on these nights.
Another example of India's domination in scheduling matters due to the sheer size of their support. They are like the Richmond of world cricket, but with us having 500,000 members.

I heard someone say the other day that the New Zealand Cricket Board will make as much for the TV rights to their upcoming series with India as they have for the past 5 summers combined.

I've worked for teams in five different international sporting competitions and apart from the odd front row joker at AFL games, no fans ever speak to me, much less know who I am.

In India however, I was called by name and regularly asked for autographs. I also had people quoting my own stats from my modest bush career and knowing how many hundreds I made etc.... On one occasion I even had someone who knew my brother's stats.

The fanaticism for cricket there seriously makes AFL support look like a chess crowd.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

Mar 17, 2003
Disappointing collapse by Aust under 19's in the ODI World Cup against the West Indies, they went from 4/158 to be all out for 179.
Fraser-McGurk who is 17 and has played shield cricket for Victoria batted well for 84. It was all down hill when he went out.
It's on fox 503 for those who are interested.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Disappointing collapse by Aust under 19's in the ODI World Cup against the West Indies, they went from 4/158 to be all out for 179.
Fraser-McGurk who is 17 and has played shield cricket for Victoria batted well for 84. It was all down hill when he went out.
It's on fox 503 for those who are interested.
Saw the overall result but thanks for filling in some details. McGurk looks to be very promising but so young in his career, lots can go awry from here. I'm wondering how many players from NSW in the team (that didn't give him much support when it mattered)?

tigerman

Mar 17, 2003
Saw the overall result but thanks for filling in some details. McGurk looks to be very promising but so young in his career, lots can go awry from here. I'm wondering how many players from NSW in the team (that didn't give him much support when it mattered)?
Sorry i didn't see your post.
The Vics and NSW have about 4 players each in the side, Ian Harvey's nephew is the Captain.
Aust currently playing the Poms and are 2/77 chasing 253, Harvey is 25 not out.

Last edited: