Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Here's one for ya: Tim Paine is a good leader but a sh!t captain.

On another tangent, India and other countries have made great use of the 'A' system, giving developing cricketers a chance to experience foreign conditions and international competition. We could also run an A series alongside the Test summer. India could have brought a few extra players (and sent for reinforcements) - I'd watch.

Philippe
Whiteman
McDermott
Head
Maxwell
Carey
A. Agar
Pattinson
J. Richardson
Swepson
Meredith

playing a series against India A to coincide with the Test series.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Maddison is one of the more overrated cricketers in the BBL although not sure anyone really rated him now?

shows how poor the stars batting depth is if he is at 3 or 4.
Maddinson was a highly regarded Test prospect as a youngster.

He is one of the young batsmen in Aussie cricket who I reckon have somewhat been ruined by the hit and giggle game, he lost his way and has struggled to get back, he himself said he's had mental health issues after falling away and losing his confidence in what he was doing.

There's been a few though.

Renshaw and Heazlett are other young batsmen who've seem to have bogged themselves more recently also due to it.

They really arent bash cricketers, well don't strike me as real hit and giggle sloggers in the mold of a Lynn or Big Show or Stoinis.

Maybe I'm wrong, but ive lost my interest in Cricket like most other things these days and don't really pay much attention anymore.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Keepers should never be involved in reviewing decisions. And that includes Wade when playing as a batsman. Keepers are notoriously wrong.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
*smile* hell Paine you are breaking your fast bowler here. Concentrate or GTFO.
Would they even have appealed? No one seemed interested so may not have mattered.

Paine is an average gloveman now - are there stats kept on missed chances by keepers?

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Washington Sundar looks a player, bowled better than Lyon, and will probably top score. Hasn't played red ball cricket since November 2017.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Bowled one ball that would have hit the stumps since the break and got a wicket. Give a clue what they should be trying. FMD.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Batsman turning to follow the ball is often a giveaway.
Yeh, noticed that, but there was no one in the slips cordon rising nor did Paine go after it as though it had been gloved. And Starc showed no emotion. I'm pretty sure they didn't think it was gloved.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Some pretty impressive courage and resilience being shown by India's batsman in this series. In the past they would have crumbled under the pressure. One man more than any other is responsible for instilling the aggression and steel to the Indian game - Kohli.

Given their obvious depth hard to see them not being a major force for a long time to come.

Reactions: 2 users