Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
The ABC has sucked the life out of him.
I reckon he was finished 30 years ago , by then we’d all heard all his stories about how great he was about 6 times. Supposedly we’ve got the climax to a great series today and Chappelli is going on about stiff that happened 50 years ago and that he was a great baseballer . Malcom Blight and Bernard Tomic the only Australians to match his self opinion

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I reckon he was finished 30 years ago , by then we’d all heard all his stories about how great he was about 6 times. Supposedly we’ve got the climax to a great series today and Chappelli is going on about stiff that happened 50 years ago and that he was a great baseballer . Malcom Blight and Bernard Tomic the only Australians to match his self opinion
Always liked him on the TV, something of a Robert Walls vibe with a bit of edge. The way he talks now suggests he's forgotten what he was like when he was younger. Captain of the Ugly Australians etc.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Been a fantastic series. Our bowlers get a second chance to knock India over on the last day. Weather looks pretty clear, pitch playing a few more tricks than Sydney so the $1.90 looks good value.

Few observations:

- No shield games make it near impossible for guys to come in from the cold with zero cricket and make runs. Warner and Harris almost get a free pass.
- Lyon is far more threatening when the wicket has some bounce and he does have some limitations only turning it one way, but don't underestimate his value or greatness. Ask where we would be without his control and wicket taking ability.
- This Indian team have huge depth as Spook pointed out. Interesting tweet that may have played a part:

View attachment 11470
Exactly what I was talking about.

The juggernaut is just beginning I think. Indian cricket could well dominate the world for the next twenty years and beyond, in the same way Australia did 20 years ago.

They've got 1.5 billion fanatics, a tsunami of cash flowing through the game, the strongest second tier competition in the world and a rapidly growing network of elite development facilities.

The IPL is attracting the best players and coaches in the world who are working directly with the best young Indian talent in the squads. Jadeja is a classic example of a player who improved out of sight as a bowler after working with Warne. Fluff cricket or not, it is still a major boost for their players to have access to the best of the best.

The finances in the game mean they will have the resources to run full scale second team tours all around the world, not to mention the fact that everyone wants to, and needs to play them and will bow down to them on almost ever issue.
Yep.

Warney going on about the lack of an offside bat-pad when Lyon bowls to Pujara, having got him out there a few times. He makes a fair point, but Pujara should already be out. That LBW was plumb, smashing into leg stump. I reckon if you kick the ball away you lose the benefit of the doubt, especially with the chance to review.

Good review by Paine. The one against Rahane last Test was shown to be "umpire's call" as well. Blocker Wilson should have learnt his damn lesson. Give it!

Paine doing well to bite his tongue. If I were keeping stump mic would have picked up a stray "use your bat, ya weak *smile*" or three.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Starc being treated with disdain. Another 50 between these two at the current rate and an Indian win is in the frame.

Gill replacing Shaw has been largely responsible for turning this series around.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Even if a miracle happens , I still think we lack genuine talent outside of the obvious, plenty have had there chances overtime, but it’s bloody hard to be a world class batsman averaging over 45 . IMHO Lyon has always been good , not great , not his fault but the “ goat” moniker is a bit of an insult to all the other goats in the world . Has there ever been a greater match winner/ spud then Starc , when his on wowee. Plenty to like about the Aussie test team , just the glaring weaknesses need to replaced , this series has not convinced me about Langer and the selectors . Going to be a bloody good side for a few years to come India .Just over a month until footys back

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The lack of faith in Lyon today is revealing. He simply doesn't build pressure by bowling enough balls in the right area. Ravi Ashwin would have been bowling from one end a lot of the day.

They haven't had a lot of luck but Paine isn't the greatest strategist either.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
As often happens after a freak/one off/miracle event (ie Adelaide) a team performs ordinary after it.

The Australian bowling attack has quickly become innocuous.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Lyon is bowling too straight. He needs to bowl more outside the off stump and have a silly mid off

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Huge blow. Was almost swayed to barrack for India. Smith the consummate pro at slip.

Gill averaging over 50 in his first series, away from home. 21yo and seemingly with a huge future.

< Movies | Boxing >