Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Tenacious

Tiger Champion
May 19, 2008
Marnus dining out on the NSW bowlers in Shield final.

Good to see him doing well and NSW struggling
But it’s pretty sad that the SS final is relegated to being played (almost) midway into the footy season
How would it have been if the Vics hosted the final at this time of the year?

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Good to see him doing well and NSW struggling
But it’s pretty sad that the SS final is relegated to being played (almost) midway into the footy season
How would it have been if the Vics hosted the final at this time of the year?

I guess it would have ben played The Junction Oval, which is now Vic cricket headquarters I think.

Tenacious

Tiger Champion
May 19, 2008
I guess it would have ben played The Junction Oval, which is now Vic cricket headquarters I think.
Agree - but was thinking more about the weather. Not very cricket like of late.
But that’s the status of SS now - just bung it in anywhere that doesn’t clash with the bash bash game

Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Cub
Feb 8, 2021
W
Went in there about a year ago for a work conference. We got to watch some of them train as they took us for a tour during lunch break. See this bloke pumping weights in the weight room, it's Guy McKenna, ex Weagle and Sun's coach. He's a cricket and talent scout now for Cricket Victoria. Then he went and had a bat while some of the bowlers threw some balls down, apparently he was a very good cricketer, like Lids and others, as a junior

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Whats happened to Warner?

Stripped of the Captaincy and dropped by the Sunrisers and probably won't be picked again, just after the borders closed.

Is there more to his being stripped of the captaincy?

Been making runs but slowly this year and they wanted to go with Bairstow and Williamson as overseas batsman as they are in better form and they have Rashid Khan and Nabi as bowlers so they can't play anymore internationals. Having said that there's some fair whispers he doesn't get on well with the Aussies running the show there, Moody and Bayliss, and he is hard to get on with so I'd believe that.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Two players from the Kolkata Knight Riders have tested positive for Covid, it's going to be hard to justify why the IPL should continue.

Reactions: 1 user