Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Calm finishing in the end. Our batting lineup still not too convincing.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
CA is responsible for managing and promoting the game. The obvious question is where did they go wrong?

As someone still playing the game into their 50's, my perception is that CA has failed cricket hopelessly over the last decade in this country.

Reactions: 3 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
CA is responsible for managing and promoting the game. The obvious question is where did they go wrong?

As someone still playing the game into their 50's, my perception is that CA has failed cricket hopelessly over the last decade in this country.

Yep this was my reaction to that article as well, the game being in decline is largely due to CA itself.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
For me, the scheduling of cricket has decimated interest. Cramming 5 tests in 6 weeks to have them done and dusted by January 7 or so means the rest of January (when we are at home ready to watch cricket) and February are free of test cricket. I assume this is to give the family friendly but ultimately dull BBL ”clean air”. There’s no meaningful ODIs any more, we rarely play international T20 here. The big name players can’t play BBL they’re off playing a meaningless ODI overseas somewhere. That’s my take anyway.

Reactions: 11 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
For me, the scheduling of cricket has decimated interest. Cramming 5 tests in 6 weeks to have them done and dusted by January 7 or so means the rest of January (when we are at home ready to watch cricket) and February are free of test cricket. I assume this is to give the family friendly but ultimately dull BBL ”clean air”. There’s no meaningful ODIs any more, we rarely play international T20 here. The big name players can’t play BBL they’re off playing a meaningless ODI overseas somewhere. That’s my take anyway.
Switch the T20I’s with the ODIs.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
How good Pakistan beating India by 10 wickets.

Babar is possibly my favourite batsman in the world to watch

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Still stunned by that catch that dismissed him, one of the best outfield catches i have seen.
No matter how he gets out, Smith always seems to think he made a ridiculous, uncharacteristic error,; just hoping the umps recognise it was all a mistake so he can come back in and continue. Nothing to do with what the bowler or fielder may have done.
Strange guy. Personally never see him as captaincy material ever again. Just let him indulge his batting obsession; makes him happy (bloody good fieldsman too).

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Yep waay too much cricket to sustain interest. I feared T20 would ultimately kill the game off once interest in the shiny new toy waned. It's all just so meaningless & forgettable. Too many teams, too many players, too many games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Part 1 of the de Kock story

56491287272738d2962d70ab76727b95