Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Agree 100% on Gilchrist.

It's often overlooked that he was about a foot taller than the likes of Healy and Haddin which could have been a liability but in true Gilchrist style he made it a strength by using the bigger step and reach to great advantage.

The corden of Warne, Ponting, Langer and Hayden all benefited from being able to cover more ground because Gilchrist gave them a half slip headstart.
As they say in the Fox Cricket ad, Gilly changed the game.

When Australia was in those positions under Ponting, the TV would always be on with the commentary up.

It was never directly said, but I'm sure from time to time the declaration was adjusted slightly to take the *smile* out of the commentators.
Can't imagine Cummins ever doing something similar.
Seems very straightforward

Gilchrist was a foot taller than Healy and Haddin? Didn’t know Gilly was 6’9 or 6’10….

Gilchrist was a foot taller than Healy and Haddin? Didn’t know Gilly was 6’9 or 6’10….
He’s listed as being 6.1, he’s got a few inches in Haddin and Healy, but that’s all. In calling Healy the best keeper we’ve had, Gilchrist aside, people are forgetting Rod Marsh.

Another excellent innings from Uzzie, bloody rare as for players to hit 100's in each innings. Also loved Green's knock, kid got in, got settled n then got loose. He can certainly tonk a ball round the paddock once he's up n about, bloody shame he didn't quite get to his 100 but he did a great job of helping Uzzie resurrect the Aussies innings when it was wobbling badly.

Reactions: 1 user
He’s listed as being 6.1, he’s got a few inches in Haddin and Healy, but that’s all. In calling Healy the best keeper we’ve had, Gilchrist aside, people are forgetting Rod Marsh.
Too right
He might have been “iron gloves“ for a while but he became one of greatest for sure - and is still in that category.

This is the highest England score in the series before Root comes in with 2-74.

The previous tests look like a horror story (well I suppose it is haha) with the below.

2-11, 2-61, 2-12, 2-48, 2-13, 2-7, 2-36

< Cars | NRL >