Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I like it. But its not an original, a tribute to the tune of Hank Williams Kaw Liga, (gettit? Kawaja/ Kaw Liga), which is one of my favourites. PK's falsetto isn't a patch on HW though.

The greatest songwriter ever.

Reactions: 1 user

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Very interesting story on Langer:

Salient quote: "Langer has taken a back seat since a mutiny by players and support staff in August, leaving assistant coaches Andrew McDonald and Michael Di Venuto in charge, but team sources fear they will leave if the head coach stays."

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Gotta feel for Langer. Called in to scrape up the *smile* after that South African tour n four years later everybody wants a piece of his arse as they punt him out the door.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Gotta feel for Langer. Called in to scrape up the *smile* after that South African tour n four years later everybody wants a piece of his arse as they punt him out the door.
Too many snowflakes in the dressing room cant handle some hard truths and tough love.

I'm going out on a limb and tipping Warner is one of the trouble makers.

Last edited:
  • Wow

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm a big fan on McDonald.
So are the players.

A couple of remarkable happenings in the SA-India Test. Old mate Pant smashes 100 not out after coming in at 4/58. India all out 198, SA 212 to win.

India just became the first side in Test history to lose all 20 wickets to catches. Of their 60 wickets to fall in the series, 55 were to catches, a record for a 3-Test series.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
So are the players.

A couple of remarkable happenings in the SA-India Test. Old mate Pant smashes 100 not out after coming in at 4/58. India all out 198, SA 212 to win.

India just became the first side in Test history to lose all 20 wickets to catches. Of their 60 wickets to fall in the series, 55 were to catches, a record for a 3-Test series.
I watched up until India were all out.

Young left arm quick Marco Jansen took 4 wickets giving him 7 for the test and 19 from his 1st 3 tests.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Shame Elgar got out in the last over before stumps. Petersen has played a little gem of an innings so far. His offside play in particular is lovely to watch. Gorgeous back foot cover drive, which has to be one of the best shots in cricket.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Shame Elgar got out in the last over before stumps. Petersen has played a little gem of an innings so far. His offside play in particular is lovely to watch. Gorgeous back foot cover drive, which has to be one of the best shots in cricket.
Not a bad catch by Petersen either.