Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Not sure if it has been mentioned on here already, but apparently Boland has dismissed Root 3 times now since Root last scored off Boland's bowling

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What a ripping Test n congrats to the Poms for hanging in as well as they did. The old adage that catches win matches still holds true n the Aussies simply grassed way to many opportunities this game.
Starkers n Cummins bowled way to short when Bairstowe n Stokes were on a roll in the first innings n backed it up with more rubbish at times in the second innings.
Boland is a ripping bowler, got a touch of the Pigeon about him. Just bowls so many balls in the groove forcing the batters to play n gets enough movement to really *smile* with their heads. Couple of his more experienced senior bowlers could take a few lessons from him about always keeping the Batters honest.
Has Harris actually looked like taking a catch when fielding in close this series??
Carey looks a nice clean, neat n tidy keeper when the ball is in the 0 to 85% range of the degree of difficulty for a keeper. When he gets to the 85% to 100% range of difficulty where the champion keepers make their reputations, he's fairly ordinary.
Massive game from Uzzie n that Green kid is gunna be a serious player when he's experienced enough to put it all together.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I don't think he was given long enough to get his length right. I was expecting at least 5 overs of Lyon, especially as it was mainly lefties at the crease.
Maybe.

I never think Lyon is any good or very threatening so what do I know ? He has 400 test wickets

I would say however that bowling a side out on the 5th day is not something he has done from memory. We were spoiled for years with Warne doing it consistently

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I don't think he was given long enough to get his length right. I was expecting at least 5 overs of Lyon, especially as it was mainly lefties at the crease.
shouldn't be an issue for him ..
Maybe.

I never think Lyon is any good or very threatening so what do I know ? He has 400 test wickets

I would say however that bowling a side out on the 5th day is not something he has done from memory. We were spoiled for years with Warne doing it consistently
he lacks killer instinct, and variety ..

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Great game, shows why Test Cricket is way ahead of any other version of the game. Pity we couldn't get them all out but the Poms fought it out and credit to them for forcing the draw.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Maybe.

beat me to it Sin.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Rain was forecast so they could have factored that into the declaration decision.
Only batted on for 2 overs after Khawaja got 100, they had anticipated 110 overs, only got 102.
Would have helped if Smith, Carey and Harris held some catches, and Starc & Lyon didn't bowl poop.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Only batted on for 2 overs after Khawaja got 100, they had anticipated 110 overs, only got 102.
Would have helped if Smith, Carey and Harris held some catches, and Starc & Lyon didn't bowl poop.
I would bring Jye Richardson in for Starc in Hobart. He looked cooked to me

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I would bring Jye Richardson in for Starc in Hobart. He looked cooked to me

Fair point, Starc did not look great and short turnaround time for the last test in a series we have already won. Time to give some experience to those who haven't had a chance?

DS