Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Admittedly haven't watched a lot of this Test, but to bowl 170 overs and Marnus and Smith bowled one over between them whilst one of your front liners bowled 53 overs for zero wickets?

On the 5th day this pitch was made for some different tactics. Marnus bowled a couple of unplayables just in his one over.

The bowlers themselves also appreciate the break.

Reactions: 3 users
It’s become a chink in the armour of the Aussies to not be able to bowl teams out on the last day. What’s that, 3 times in the last 3 test series. India last summer, England this summer and now Pakistan.

It’s become a chink in the armour of the Aussies to not be able to bowl teams out on the last day. What’s that, 3 times in the last 3 test series. India last summer, England this summer and now Pakistan.
Lyon's 4th Innings record is only marginally better than his overall record as far as averages go, for almost every other spinner of his generation they are significantly better.

The likes Moheen Ali & Mitch Santner become Warnie like on 5th day pitches.

Reactions: 1 users
Murphy is doing the Irish proud on Paddy's day, he has got the 2 big wickets of McDermott and Wade. On this special day, I raise a glass to him.

Tasmania 4/94 with a lead of 115.

Reactions: 1 user
Lyon is not good enough to bowl teams out on the 5th day. We've seen it time and time again. Time to find the next generation of spinners and retire him gracefully

I reckon his record v right and left handers would be telling as well.

The King must have said it 1000 times. He bowls too straight to right handers and only attacks the inside edge. Needs to get it outside off, turning back to the stump line and make the batsman play outside their eyeline and bring the outside edge into play. Ask the question of whether to play or leave.

Lyon is either stubborn or badly coached but he has never taken that on board.
I'd suggest he is stubborn. Surely he would have got some feedback directly from Warnie at some stage?

An exciting run chase happening, the Vic are 8 down and need another 19 to win against Tasmania. Win and they are chance to play in the final, with one more game against Wa.

An exciting run chase happening, the Vic are 8 down and need another 19 to win against Tasmania. Win and they are chance to play in the final, with one more game against Wa.
Just turned it on to see the Vics need 2 to win. Dropped catch by Tassie. Vics win!

Maybe Pat Cummins should be taking declaration lessons from Peter Handscomb.
And Smith should be taking catching lessons from Handscomb, he broke the Sheffield Shield record for the amount catches by a "fielder", he took ten, the record was 8.

And Smith should be taking catching lessons from Handscomb, he broke the Sheffield Shield record for the amount catches by a "fielder", he took ten, the record was 8.
Nine, but still a first-class record. Extraordinary.

Nine, but still a first-class record. Extraordinary.
Correction, Sheffield Shield record.
First-class record is 10.

Apologies for bringing this up, but I just watched parts of Warnie's private funeral on the news and it (still) just doesn't sink in for me. Way too young at 52 and just as much as Hookesy (49) in the same year my dad passed away. I wonder how packed the G will be next Wednesday.

Reactions: 2 users
It's just such a shame. Such a wonderful life has left so much sadness and pain in its wake. It just doesn't seem right.

Have to say I have huge respect for Eddie McGuire after today. He was magnificent.
Yeah just too hard to believe it happened.

• Sad
When will England finally realise that Chris Woakes is rubbish, particularly outside of England.

2 matches in in the West Indies and England quick bowling stats look like this.

Both Mahmood and Fisher made their debuts in the 2nd test. I wanted Mahmood to make his debut in the Ashes.

Woakes is supposed to be the "leader of the attack", but his stats must have some of the greatest home ground bias you will see in test cricket. Average in England is 23, outside of England is 54.

1647819698502.png

I didn’t even realise the third test started last night. Khawaja with another fine score, 91.