Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I reckon his record v right and left handers would be telling as well.

The King must have said it 1000 times. He bowls too straight to right handers and only attacks the inside edge. Needs to get it outside off, turning back to the stump line and make the batsman play outside their eyeline and bring the outside edge into play. Ask the question of whether to play or leave.

Lyon is either stubborn or badly coached but he has never taken that on board.
It was noticeable in the third test Lyon got it out there outside off to the righties. Made a world of difference.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
West Indies poised to win the series against the Poms. Just watched the third day's play (love Kayo skip button, can watch a day in half an hour). England 8/103, just 10 runs in front. My new favourite cricketer Kyle Mayers has 5/9 off 13 overs, and the best outfield run-out since Conrad Hunte threw out Ian Meckiff in the last over of the Tied Test. This is the bloke who made 210* on debut as the Windies chased 395 in Bangladesh. One of those golden arm naturals who looks like they pulled him in from the bar to don the whites.

Real grit about this Windies team. Skipper Kraigg Brathwaite sells his wicket as dearly as any opener, and it's rubbing off on the likes of Jermaine Blackwood and keeper Joshua De Silva, who made a resolute 100 in the West Indies first innings, with dogged help from tailenders Joseph, Roach and Seales. Seales and Joseph are fine young pace bowlers too. If only Brathwaite's opening partner John Campbell, who seems to make a run-a-ball 20 or 30 every innings, applied himself as well.

Test cricket needs a strong West Indies. This isn't the most talented Windies team we've seen, but they are honest. I like 'em.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
West Indies poised to win the series against the Poms. Just watched the third day's play (love Kayo skip button, can watch a day in half an hour). England 8/103, just 10 runs in front. My new favourite cricketer Kyle Mayers has 5/9 off 13 overs, and the best outfield run-out since Conrad Hunte threw out Ian Meckiff in the last over of the Tied Test. This is the bloke who made 210* on debut as the Windies chased 395 in Bangladesh. One of those golden arm naturals who looks like they pulled him in from the bar to don the whites.

Real grit about this Windies team. Skipper Kraigg Brathwaite sells his wicket as dearly as any opener, and it's rubbing off on the likes of Jermaine Blackwood and keeper Joshua De Silva, who made a resolute 100 in the West Indies first innings, with dogged help from tailenders Joseph, Roach and Seales. Seales and Joseph are fine young pace bowlers too. If only Brathwaite's opening partner John Campbell, who seems to make a run-a-ball 20 or 30 every innings, applied himself as well.

Test cricket needs a strong West Indies. This isn't the most talented Windies team we've seen, but they are honest. I like 'em.
I only watched the last few overs, but saw a replay of the wickets. Agree about Mayers looking like they dragged him out of a bar. Surprisingly he was very well spoken when interviewed at the close of play.

Leach is Englands best batsmen, I'm half serious:)

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

Jayden Seales looks a likely type as a quick, and Nkrumah Bonner can bat time. Da Silva's got some pluck with the bat, and is tidy keeper.
Still some holes, Shamar Brookes is not the answer at 3, and Shai Hope seens to have disappeared. I do like Mayers though, looks a park cricketer, having a Rocky Balboa shot at the dream.

Last edited:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Jason Holder has taken one of the best reflex catches you will ever see, at leg slip. Poms all out 120, Windies 28 to win.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Heard this earlier today for the first time... Apologies if posted elsewhere. ... Magnificent!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Babar a masterclass 100. Just a one dayer but led a record run chase. Star.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Heard this earlier today for the first time... Apologies if posted elsewhere. ... Magnificent!

It is magnificent. It was on the toilet door growing up. Read it every day. Bravo Nasser, brilliant.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Vics did well in holding WA to 386 when WA were 2/286 at one stage (losing 8/100). Vics 2/103 in reply.

Does the home team still just have to draw to win the title? If so then hard to see Victoria winning from here

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Vics did well in holding WA to 386 when WA were 2/286 at one stage (losing 8/100). Vics 2/103 in reply.

Does the home team still just have to draw to win the title? If so then hard to see Victoria winning from here
No, there's a points system now.