Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
She was proud getting a bit fatigued.
Magnificent game from our Women’s team.
World Cup winners :cupgold:clap1:banana
This team must be celebrated some more. Absolutely dominant team.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
CA trying to fix BBL:

“Cricket Australia is set to permanently jettison white-ball internationals out of January in a desperate attempt to save the dying Big Bash League.
But the long-term rescue plan, which will guarantee the unprecedented availability of Australian stars for a large chunk of the tournament, can’t kick in until 2024 – leaving CA in a perilous position heading into a BBL season broadcasters are telling them will make-or-break the next TV rights deal.

As it stands, CA is powerless to change three ODIs against South Africa scheduled for the middle of January next summer, as well as an Australian Test team likely leaving for India before the BBL finals.

It is a scheduling double blow which once again decimates the star power of the competition in a summer where the heat is on like never before to deliver with only two summers to run on the current $1.8 billion TV deal with Channel 7 and Fox Sports.

As revealed by News Corp last month, the BBL has lost on average 450,000 viewers per game since 2016 and has been in decline for six consecutive years on Channels 10, 7 and Fox Sports.

But the billion dollar question is will it be too late to save cricket’s next TV rights deal from disaster?

Even if they stick with Test cricket, Channel 7 has no interest in bidding again for the BBL, and there is no sign Channels 10 or 9 would be interested in weighing in.

It’s estimated the BBL represents up to $80 million of the $186 million Channel 7 and Fox Sports are paying each year for the cricket rights – but that figure is in grave danger of shrinking dramatically and closer to the $20 million a year Channel 10 had it for in the previous TV deal.”

Shorten the season, again, to start with.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just saw footage of James Pattinson getting Pete Hanscomb lbw in county cricket. I didn’t realise Pattinson was playing county cricket as well as shield cricket, makes me wonder why he retired from test cricket.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
As a pom, I'm liking the aggressive nature of picking Brendan McCullum as coach and Ben Stokes as captain. I'm hoping this leads to some aggressive changes in the team. There are some young guys doing some very good things in the County Championships.

Tom Haines, left handed opener. Plays for Sussex in Div 2 (which may go against him), but the last 2 years he has averaged 48 scoring 1,690 runs and scoring 4 centuries.
Harry Brook I reckon will be in the test team quite quickly. Middle order batsman, has averaged 57 over the last 2 years (and averaging 135 this year (scoring almost 700 runs in the process).
Josh Bohannon, another middle order batter (probably behind Brook) but has scored 55 over the last 2 years (53 in 21 and 61 in 22 so pretty consistent - scored 1,161 across the 2 years).

I think the focus will be on picking a strong bowling lineup and a young batting lineup, hence the push by Stokes to recall Broad and Anderson. He will want low scoring games to keep the pressure off the batsmen as they blood some of these younger players.

I'm hoping for a team something like this to open the english summer against the Kiwis.

Crawley
Haines - though I don't think they will do this
Root
Brook
Bairstow
Stokes
Foakes
Robinson / Sam Curran
Parkinson - spinner, though I suspect they will stick with Leach who for me isn't the future. We aren't good and need to be looking past an almost 31 year old average spinner
Broad
Anderson

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The Cuzzy Bro's won the toss in the 1st test against the Poms, after being 4-12 and then 7-45 they managed to eke out 132 runs. The Poms after being 0-59 and 2-92 are 7-116. The powers that be will be hoping for a couple of days rain at Lords.

< Movies | Boxing >