Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Replay showed it clearly above waist height at the point of contact.
It was the right decision, but was a very, very, late call.

Pakistan would've torn the joint down if the fielder had caught the ball, only for the no-ball to be called after the catch was taken.

You can't watch the atmosphere at the G tonight and say 20 over cricket doesn't have it's place.
ODI and T20 should merge into a 25 over game. Just needs to lose the 'easy hits' side of the game to become more professional. Who knows, maybe it'll morph into that as time goes on.

Reactions: 1 user
Little story. Balls over waist-high have only been no-balls since 2000. When I was captain of my under-16 team (slightly pre-2000) we played one day with a gale blowing from one end. As captain and the best and fastest bowler - not that I was that quick - I always bowled the first over, with the wind. But this day my partner grabbed the ball, insisted it wasn't fair he always bowled into the wind and demanded to bowl with it. For harmony I relented.

The opposition (I think it was Parkmore) had this left-handed opener with a rats-tail skinhead mullet. He took us to town. Drop-kicked one from me over the mid-wicket fence (I think I had him dropped when I put a man out there as well). I was pretty good at working a batsman out and thought if I could get one right at his sternum he'd sky it. But we were playing on malthoid, that black rubber crap that was hard enough to get bounce out of at my pace, let alone into that wind. I'd tried it and it sat up and said hit me and he duly carted it. So I went around the wicket and speared a full toss straight at his chest. He did exactly what I thought, skied it and was caught at midwicket. My Dad was our coach and the umpire at my end. He never let me get away with a thing, so when he asked if it was deliberate, I told him, "Of course not."

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
But we were playing on malthoid, that black rubber crap that was hard enough to get bounce out of at my pace, let alone into that wind.
That malthoid stuff was horrendous. Thankfully it didn’t seem to hang around all that long.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought a 10pm start time for tonight's game was a typo but no, 10pm it is (7pm Perth time)

2017 Prelim is the loudest footy crowd I've ever been in, but it wasn't even close to Indian crowds. When Lambert kicked that first goal you could feel the noise hit you, the big joints in India in the IPL sustain that all night.

When MS Dhoni used to walk out to bat at Chennai it was actually physically painful to sit in the noise. And that's only about 40 or 50k people I think.
Sorry a couple of days after the event, but I'm still coming down from being at the game aye :eyes

I got tickets when the draw came out because I said I'd never probably get to see them play each other in their neck of the woods, so this would be next best thing!!

My lord I did not expect that!! o_O

I've attended World Cup games Brazil - Holland, Holland - Argentina, which were sensational, Super Bowl's, many Grand Finals' including five of ours, but wow, couldn't talk to the bloke next to me on Sunday night, lots of time's during the game from the noise they were making. And the Pakistanis' were sensational too!!

Now it's a bucket list to go see them play each other over there. I see from above you been there, lucky man, must be crazy!! :love:

I can just imagine being in a Mumbai or New Delhi, and to be in the country with 1.5 billion people glued to the game. The noise, we know about inside the stadium, but what about outside the stadium when a wicket goes or Kohli is scoring a hundred, the millions in the town would have to carry some noise into the stadium.

20221023_181707.jpg

20221023_181943.jpg

20221023_185148.jpg

20221023_190242.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
New Delhi is the noisiest place I've ever been. It's so loud I swear everyone has hearing damage. I went to the movies with a couple of locals and the volume was ear-splitting. I had to cover my ears, to the amusement of my new friends. And I could still hear the movie fine!

It's also the smoggiest place I've ever been. A constant haze and a sore throat after three days. It put me off going to Mumbai.

Incredible country, though. In the same breath it can infuriate, exasperate and captivate. The sheer mass of people can be overwhelming. But they are mostly lovely, especially when they find out you're Australian.

• Love
New Delhi is the noisiest place I've ever been. It's so loud I swear everyone has hearing damage. I went to the movies with a couple of locals and the volume was ear-splitting. I had to cover my ears, to the amusement of my new friends. And I could still hear the movie fine!

It's also the smoggiest place I've ever been. A constant haze and a sore throat after three days. It put me off going to Mumbai.

Incredible country, though. In the same breath it can infuriate, exasperate and captivate. The sheer mass of people can be overwhelming. But they are mostly lovely, especially when they find out you're Australian.
Ahmedabad further north than Mumbai would be something aye, 132,000 capacity!! o_O
World Cup there next year :unsure:

1666684099889.png1666684362229.png

Now it's a bucket list to go see them play each other over there. I see from above you been there, lucky man, must be crazy!! :love:

Yeah, I've been lucky enough to work over there half a dozen times, including the inaugural IPL which was without doubt the greatest sporting experience I've been lucky enough to be on the edge of. With the death of the King I hold it even more dearly now.

It's a conflicting place to be, extreme and at times graphic poverty and increasingly incredible wealth. A beautiful, tranquil place in spirit but absolute mayhem in reality.

India v Pakistan would be an amazing experience but also try an IPL game if you can. It's another level, it's almost as if Indian fans know how passionate other Indian fans are so they take it up 5 notches for the IPL to outdo each other.

• Love
The worst T20 innings I have ever seen. Don't worry skip, everyone else will risk their wickets to get us home. You just try to get the ball off the square every now and then.

Reactions: 1 user
If Finch doesn't drop himself he's not a leader's arse hole. He's not out of form, he's finished. It's been two years. He's almost 36. He's done. He will cost Australia this tournament if he doesn't admit it.

Stoinis in particular and Maxwell have saved his arse in this game.

The worst T20 innings I have ever seen. Don't worry skip, everyone else will risk their wickets to get us home. You just try to get the ball off the square every now and then.
How bad's Finch going, he can't even do a knuckle tap, he missed Stoinis's fist.

What a knock from Stoinis, incredible, he made Kohli look like Finch.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Finch 31 off 42
Other Aussie batsmen 111 off 57

If Green had played we might have hauled back that atrocious net run rate.

How bad's Finch going, he can't even do a knuckle tap, he missed Stoinis's fist.
Yeah, laughed at that. Can't even time a fist bump.

Amazing hitting from the Stoin.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Too late for me so I just watched a replay. ... horrible thought to have but I found myself wanting Finch to go out... if entertainment is the name of this game, he's as boring as batshjt.
Fantastic display by Stoinis!

Mumbai is smoggier than New Dehli, and I dont reckon as nice.
I went to the 3rd test in 2004, at Nagpur. I was in India with friends. they all went home, but i decided to extend my stay to go to the cricket and down to Goa. Nagpur was a but boring and i reckon only ever saw tourists when the cricket was on- which was rare.
Cricket was great fun- we won in 4 days to win the series, but the crowd was up and going the whole time, and in good spirits, at least where i was.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users