Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

You can't watch the atmosphere at the G tonight and say 20 over cricket doesn't have it's place.

Reactions: 1 user
I should add that the ARC woukd have given it not out because the keeper didn't give the appropriate reaction.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Tough call. And no soft dismissal to fall back on. No idea what the rule book says about such a scenario.
In that particular instance, if the ball isn't in the keeper/ fielders gloves/hands when the bails are removed it would be not out.

Is it the ball or the gloves that knocks the bails off?

Has to be out I reckon, ball and hands all hitting stumps almost at once.

That's where you can get too bogged down with technology. Years ago there was a discussion in the Australian dressing room as to if they should take the bails off every time and appeal on the chance the video showed the batsman in stride without feet on the ground. (No prizes for guessing who thought of it).

Led to the rule being changed so you now can't be out if you have grounded behind the line at any point.

Reactions: 1 user